Chapter 76

The four of them watched Rick and I walk around the room. I examined the walls and the ground, making sure nothing seemed peculiar. I turned to see Rick watching me, he gave a small smirk but it faded when he faced the new people. I walked over to Rick,

"I'm Rick Grimes, I'm the leader." He introduces himself, "this is max."

There was a black couple, a Hispanic looking man and I assumed his daughter was the one wearing red glasses. Pete, Luke, and Nick stood with the rest across from Rick and I on the other side of the kitchen. Luke glared at me and Rick.

"Sorry we intruded like this but my plan wasn't having my girlfriend wander around and talk to strangers..." Rick called me out, I looked at him, he looked a little annoyed but he nudged me gently, knowing he was over it.

"You guys are a couple?" Luke asked, he seemed a little amused, like he was mocking us. I clenched my jaw, I stepped up,

"Yeah, anything you want to say?" I challenged him. He was a douchebag for sure, and I was disliking him more and more as I interacted with him. He kept a straight face, Rick was separating me from all of them, making sure I didn't hurt him.

"Max, why don't you sit down?" Rick suggested. I sat down at the table, I glared at Luke for awhile but placed my attention back on Rick as he explained that we weren't intending on hurting anyone, and that we just had a rough couple of weeks on the road. He also explained that we just escaped from Terminus.

"You mean... Cannibals?" The Hispanic man asked, he looked greatly disturbed hearing the news. Rick nodded,

Then I heard someone scoff, like we were full of shit. I saw Nick shaking his head as if we weren't telling the truth. I got up from the table, done with Luke's family.

"You wanna go see the hanging human deli meat?" I asked loudly,

"Max!" Rick reprimanded me. I turned back at him to try and make him understand that they were being a bunch of assholes. But I couldn't because Sena and Glenn came in with the entire group. Glenn entered first, he stood by the door and let everyone pile inside. Jamie ran over to me, I picked her up, she wrapped her legs around my core to make sure she kept her head on my shoulder. Carl handed Judith to Rick, Rick lightly bounced her in his arms, I admired how well he was with kids. I then saw the other group watch, surprised that Rick and I actually were caring individuals. I smiled to myself, amused.

"Who are all y'all?" I heard Abraham ask from behind. Pete introduced himself and his kids,

"I'm Carlos, this is Sarah, my daughter." The Hispanic looking man says,

"I'm Alvin and this is Rebecca." A black man with glasses says.

"How did you all... Meet?" Rebecca asked, she looked like she was due in less than a month, I was worried about that, I didn't want to be here when it happened.

"We all met along the way." Sena says. Derek pulled her closer into him with his arm around her torso. I knew that everyone was tired and that we'd need to set up sleeping arrangements soon.

"Well, there are four bedrooms, and then the living room." Carlos says.

"You guys can keep the upstairs, we'll bunk down here for the night." Maggie says. Alvin nodded, liking the idea. Carlos and Sarah went upstairs, they seemed like a mousy pair. Alvin and Rebecca left too.

"We have blankets and pillow in the attic, I can get some for you, folks." Pete offers. I smile, I liked Pete, he was a nice guy. He left to go retrieve them, Nick and Luke stayed standing in the kitchen.

"We won't have any issues, Nick... Will we?" Abraham asked, Abraham knew something was up with him too. Nick crossed his skinny arms over his chest and left the room. Luke was looking at me, I shifted on my feet uncomfortably.