My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 6

"DADI!" he shouted. By this time I'd come downstairs and I was standing by the staircase watching Arnavji stand there with fists clenched, teeth gritted, eyes spitting fire and his whole body shaking with rage. I'd heard every word of Dadi's and I couldn't so anything to stop the endless tears which ran down my cheeks.

But right now more than my own pain, I felt HIS pain. If looks could kill, then this Dadi' would have died a million times by now. Arnavji looked like a raging tiger that you just wouldn't want to go near. But behind all that, he was in pain I knew. I didn't know how, but I did.

As he stood there glaring at Dadi, I waited with bated breath waiting for the volcano to erupt.

"Ek. Aur. Shabd nahi,(Not another word.) " he said in a low, menacing voice, with gritted teeth. I shivered with fear hearing the threat in his voice, even though it wasn't directed at me. "Iss ghar mein kon aayega or kon nahi - yeh main decide karunga. Yeh MERA ghar hai. Yahaan Khushi rahegi yah nahi - yeh fesla karneka haq sirf MERA hai. (Who will enter this and who won't - I will decide this. This is MY house. Whether Khushi will stay here or not - the right to decide that is only MINE) THIS IS MY HOUSE!" I flinched at his loud tone, but turning to see Dadi I saw that she hadn't even moved a centimetre. "Agar aapko Khushiki yahaan rehenese problem hai, toh aap is ghar ko chodkar jaa sakthe hain. Aapko koi nahi rokrahe hain. (If you have a problem with Khushi staying here, then you can leave this house and go. No one is stopping you. "

"Mujhe pehlehi pathaatha, (I knew it) " Dadi whispered. "I knew it!" She turned to me. "You haven't been in this house for 24 hours and you have already started to take my grandson away from me," she accused. "MY grandson is going against ME because of YOU - a cheap, middle class s**t-"

"DADI!!!" he roared. Tears started to flow down my cheeks even faster than before. What had I done that Dadi hated me this much. I barely knew Arnavji and I didn't even know Dadi! How could I be separating them already?! And... I would never want to come between a grandmother and grandson. I could never do that to them. Never in my life had I ever thought of being the reason of breaking up a family - and I wouldn't do that now either. I swallowed my remaining tears and wiped my tears off quickly.

Arnavji was going to say something when I interrupted in a weak voice, "Hum chaltehain, (I'm leaving,) " before starting to walk towards the door - only to be held back by a hand holding my arm.

"Tum kahi nahi jaarahi ho, (You're not going anywhere,) " he said, still not letting go of my arm.

"No, it's best if I leave. I don't want you two to fight because of me," I told him, my voice breaking, looking into his eyes.

"Don't act, you sl*g!" screamed Dadi. "I don't know what black magic you have done on my Arnav that he can't even be away from you for a second. You've already created the wedge between me and my grandson and now you are pretending to be innocent. You may have made him fall for your charms, but these won't work on me, and I won't let you take him away from me!" she warned.

I held back my tears this time and thought maybe I could convince her that I meant no harm to them. "Aap galat samajrahen ha- (You're misundertandi-)"I tried to tell her, but I got cut off.