Chapter 27

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 27

Only when Arnav spoke to Sheetal, did Khushi remember her presence with them.

And with that came back the worry of Sheetal's attraction to Arnav...

She needed to speak to Arnav about this soon, she decided.

But little did she know that right now, she had something much bigger to be worried about.

Because all this time, unknown to them, someone had been watching their every move.

From the time they entered the mandir, to the moment they sat back in the car – their every movement was being noticed...

A big storm was coming their way, and they had no idea...

********************************************************

While Arnav was driving, Khushi kept stealing glances at him, not knowing how to broach Sheetal's subject.

"What is it Khushi?" asked Arnav, startling Khushi.

"How did you...?"

"I notice everything about you Khushi," he replied, gazing at her lovingly for a fleeting moment, before turning his eyes back to the road.

Khushi smiled at his words, and somehow they gave her confidence to bring up the subject of Sheetal too.

"Oh really? So you must also know how I was feeling at the temple?"

"What do you mean?" Arnav asked, unsure where this conversation was going. Her tone had a very slight hint of accusation in it, and he wasn't sure why. "You're happy right? I mean... we did everything that you wanted right? We gave the offering, we stayed for the pooja... is there something we've left out, Khushi? I can still turn the car around..."

Arnav didn't want any of Khushi's wishes to be unfulfilled. She was going out after a long time and he wanted her to be happy – and if there was anything he could do to make that happen, then he would do it.

"No nothing like that Arnavji... we completed everything I wanted to. And most importantly, you came inside the temple with me, so I'm happy – no, very VERY happy in that respect."

Although Arnav was content hearing that, he didn't miss her 'in that respect' at the end. "Ok, so what else is it, that's bugging you?" he asked.

"Ummmm... Leave that," she said, and before he could say something she asked, "How long have you known Sheetal Di?"

Arnav raised his eyebrows at the unexpected turn of conversation. "A year or two... why?"

"Nothing much – I was just wondering..." replied Khushi.

"Oh right... Sheetal is a wonderful girl. I mean... she was the first genuinely nice girl I had met... She's a perfect combination of a traditional and modern girl. She is a modern girl, but she never forgets her values... She is a great sister – I've seen how much she cares for Aman and it's so nice to see their bond..."

Khushi couldn't help the tinge of jealousy that she felt, hearing so many praises for Sheetal from Arnav's mouth. "Oh... nice..." she said, trying to smile.

Arnav knew something was off as soon as that reply rolled off Khushi's tongue.

"Khushi? What is it?" he asked, getting more and more curious and worried at the same time.

"Nothing Arnavji! Look, I'm perfectly fine!" she said, a little too brightly.

Arnav sighed before driving into a deserted road, and parking at the side.