Chapter 50 (Part I)

"Okay," he said. "I'll stay here."

Khushi jumped in excitement at his words and rushed to Buaji and gave her a big tight hug. "Buaji you're the best!!!" She placed a sound kiss on her cheek.

Then she ran to Payal and exclaimed, "Jiji I'm soo happy!!!!" Payal laughed as she hugged her little sister back with equal vigour. Still jumping in excitement, Khushi pulled back and placed a big kiss on Payal's cheek.

And then she ran to Arnav and threw her arms around him saying, "I'm so happy!!!!" while Arnav automatically wrapped his arms around her despite his surprise at her actions. Khushi placed a loud kiss on his cheek in her excitement before suddenly stepping back with a gasp, her hand covering her 'o' mouth as realisation sank in.

Or at least that's what she made it look like.

Passing a quick wink towards Arnav, catching him off guard, she ran off to her room, maintaining her embarrassed expression while Buaji and Payal watched with their mouths agape.

'Maybe life in this house wouldn't be so bad,' Arnav decided.

'All the sneaking around and hidden romance would sure be fun' he thought with a smirk.

***************************************************

An hour or two later, Arnav told the family that he'll go home and pack some of his stuff and return in the evening.

Khushi insisted that she go with him too as she was sure that he would forget essentials like his medicines.

However, Buaji refused to let Khushi go, saying it's not good for them to go out alone together...

It's not that Buaji didn't trust them. But she knew that if the two went out together too often, then tongues will start wagging in their neighbourhood, and she didn't want that for her niece.

But there was also another reason for this decision of hers.

She wanted to restrict their interactions so that she could show Arnav the advantages of marriage – or shall I say, the disadvantages of not being married?

All these days, the two had been staying together without any form of supervision... And that had given them the freedom to speak to each other, interact with each other, and go out together without any restrictions... And so it was more reason for Arnav to feel that marriage was not needed.

However, now that the two will be staying at her house, Buaji would make sure to show Arnav what it really means to be a couple who are not married. They will not be able to spend as much time with each other... They won't get much privacy... And they won't be allowed to go out together much either...

Buaji didn't want to torture them and separate them, but instead she wanted to keep them at a little distance from each other so that the process of getting them married will be quicker. After all, she too wanted her niece to be settled happily. And that would only happen when her niece would get married to this young man who, unfortunately, didn't believe in marriage.

"But Buaji, please just this one time... And plus there are a few things that I want to sort out and finish before moving on..." Khushi said slowly.

Looking at all the confused faces in the room, she continued, "Voh... I want to meet a few people..."

"Who do you want to meet now Sankadevi?" Buaji asked.

"Ummm... Voh..." she felt very nervous as she wasn't sure how Arnav would react to this. "I-I want to meet Sheetal for the last time... And I want to speak to Amanji too..."