My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 20

"After everything, this is what you think of me! You thought so cheaply of me. And here I thought that we..." He looked at her with the hurt of betrayal clear in his eyes.

Khushi was shaking her head vigorously with tears streaming down her eyes, look at the hurt and agony in his eyes. No. She hadn't meant it in that way. She didn't doubt him. Never. That wasn't her intention at all. She opened her mouth to try and make him understand but he didn't give her the chance.

"THIS WAS A BLOODY MISTAKE!" And with that he turned around and strode away.

"Arnavji!" Khushi called desperately. She called his name over and over but he was in no mood to stop. Khushi ran behind him, her tears flowing endlessly, trying to follow him into the elevator to try and talk to him and make him understand but she was just a second too late.

The door of the elevator closed in her face before she could step in.

And she was left all alone.

"Arnavji! Arnavji!" she called, desperately banging on the closed door of the elevator, but to no avail.

"ARNAVJI!!!!!" she cried.

She slid down to the floor sobbing. She sat there and cried her heart out. For him. For her. For THEM.

What had she done?

***************************************************************

Why? Why did this have to happen to him? Why was he given hope when he didn't want any? And when he finally started to hold onto it, it was snatched away. Just like always.

Why was life always so cruel to him?

No that's not the question he was meant to ask. He knew life was cruel. He had known this fact ever since the death of his mother. But why had he allowed himself to feel hope? Why had he allowed Khushi into his life? Into his heart? Why???

In these past few weeks he felt himself enjoying life for once. The loneliness he had once felt had slowly started to dissipate.

There wasn't any significant changes in his routine. He was still doing the normal, routine things that he had done for the past few years of his life. But somehow Khushi's presence had changed the feel of it all. He started to look forward to their moments together after doing his work. He looked forward to eating the food made by her hands. He looked forward to going out and buying her favourite snacks for her. And he looked forward to that one hug that she always gave him at seeing her favourite snack in his hands.

Khushi had changed his life by making him want to live. She made him realise that there was a chance of happiness for him out there.

But he should have known.

It was all an illusion.

A cruel joke that life had played on him.

How could he have even thought that he had a chance at happiness?

Khushi had come to mean so much to him in these few weeks she had been with him. She was an angel sent by his mother. His precious, innocent angel. And he had thought that he had also come to mean something to her. A friend.

But no. None of it was true! How could it be when she didn't even have an ounce of trust in him?! No relationship works without trust. And here she had questioned his basic morality! She had thought of him so cheaply! How could he ever trust her friendship after that! Was it all a lie?

How could she do this to him? How could she even THINK of him in such a bad light? After everything they had gone through together, is that what he looked like to her? Some kind of cheap criminal who earns money using all the wrong methods?