My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 10

Khushi was ecstatic after Arnav's mini confession - well it wasn't exactly a confession but he had made her feel special and it had done a lot to boost up her confidence. Even though Khushi had been hurt after his outburst earlier, she had never been the type of girl to hold grudges against anyone. So when Arnav had apologised to her, she had forgiven him very easily. The only thing which made her act the way she did, was her lack of self-esteem -but that problem had been solved with Arnav's confession.

Even though she still felt low about Dadi's hatred for her, she no longer felt that she was unlikeable' as she had concluded in the time of her grief. And she in no way felt like a burden now - especially after that deal offered by Arnav. Now she could do something for him too, but by making the food in the house, and doing other household work in her free time - which she was probably going to have lots of.

Arnav on the other had been quite shocked with himself after what he'd said to Khushi. Yes he admired her, and never wanted her to change just as he had told her. But never even in his dreams had he ever thought of actually letting her know that! He had caught on that something was off in her still after he had silently observed her eat very little of her food. However, he had kept quiet thinking that the jalebis will do the job if not her favourite dishes. But he had been shocked to the core when he saw her denying the jalebis with the excuse of being too full,' when he KNEW that she was probably still starving.

It's hard to describe how Arnav felt in that moment. At first he felt confused, but as realisation seeped in, Arnav felt complete remorse. He felt awful for having put Khushi through those cruel words when she didn't deserve even a bit of them. The worst part of it was that Khushi wasn't even fighting back as he'd expected her to - she had instead accepted everything and just apologised. As she started to speak he could see that self-depreciating nature start to seep into her and that was it. He couldn't take it anymore. He HAD to stop this.

He had started this whole situation, and now he had to be the one to solve it. So he had tried as best as he could to convey how beautiful she was in his eyes, in the most subtle way he could. What he had planned on saying (I should mention doing' too) and what he ended up saying (and doing) were poles apart!

He had no idea what came over him, but when he saw her struggling within her own little circle she created for herself, he couldn't help it. He had let his instinct take over and just took her into his arms and buried his face into the crook of her neck. He tried to give her his strength and support, but he was equally trying to find relief from the guilt that was eating him up. From where that sorry came from, he had no idea. Never had the ASR apologised to anyone - but here he didn't even need to TRY to apologise to Khushi. It had just come automatically. How? He had no idea.

After that, the words which came out of his mouth had come straight from his heart - everything he had planned on saying flew out of the window, just leaving those which came from deep within him.

Then when she took the jalebis and ate them (more like gobbled them up) - Khushi style - he had felt such satisfaction that he hadn't even felt when he got his first ever deal. He had watched in amusement as he saw Khushi go back to her normal avatar. He realised that all she needed was a little bit of lov- wait no. That didn't exist for him. What he had meant to think was that all she needed was a little bit of care, and that's all that was needed to bring that thousand watt smile on her face. '