My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 13

"LET GO OF ME!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? LET GO OF ME!!!!! PLEASE!!!! CHODO!!! SOMEONE HELP!!! HELP!!!" Khushi screamed and shouted for help, but none came.

Arnav was watching all this, knowing that he HAD to step in soon; waiting for the officers was of no use.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a car coming in their direction - at an extremely high speed. His eyes widened as he realised that the car was coming straight for Khushi while the goons stood at the side, out of the way.

He swore under his breath. He couldn't wait anymore.

He had to act.

FAST.

He probably had about 6 seconds before the car would crush Khushi.

Arnav ran towards Khushi, while swiftly taking out the gun from his back pocket and shooting at the front two tires of the approaching car and the driver.

The car slowed down but it still didn't stop due to the high speed it was coming at before.

Seeing a man come out of nowhere to spoil their plans, the goons started towards Arnav, but before that, a bunch of police officers came from either sides, restricting the goons just in time.

Only about 4 seconds now...

Arnav caught sight of a big boulder on the side of the road. He ran for it, and used all his strength in that one second to pick it up. With all the power he possessed, he then threw the boulder low down towards the car bonnet.

With that collision, the car stopped and Arnav ran towards an unconscious Khushi, who had fainted unable to take in the events that had taken place. His breath hitched at the state of her.

Khushi had grip marks all over her arms. She had red marks on her wrists where they had tied the dupatta really tightly. Arnav felt awful for not having been able to save her from all this pain.

Wanting to get Khushi out of the place as soon as possible, Arnav picked up Khushi and ran towards his jeep, knowing that the situation was under control as the officers had come just in time.

He laid her in the passenger seat and then sped away in the jeep, while untying her wrists and feet simultaneously.

Seeing Khushi's pale face, Arnav felt as though someone was strangling him. As he drove he kept on calling out to her, "Khushi! Khushi open your eyes! Khushi can you hear me?!" He shook her with one hand and drove with the other the whole time, hoping that she would wake up as he drove on frantically. He just couldn't bear to see her like this.

There was nothing more he wanted to do than stop the car and attend to Khushi - but he knew that could be more fatal for her. He HAD to get as far away from this area as possible - and quick. Criminals always had many links and you never know what they have planned for backup. For all Arnav knew, there could be someone following their movements right now.