Chapter 49

Their love had won over his hate for affection... And she was sure that one day, their love will overcome his hate for marriage too. And she will wait for that day... But she wouldn't deprive them both of their happiness until then either. She will live with him like he wants her to.

She would handle Buaji and Payal somehow, she decided.

Just as she'd made her decision, she felt Arnav start to wriggle as he started to open his eyes.

She stroked his hair, making him sigh happily, his warm breath caressing her bare skin.

Placing a kiss on the top of her breast, he said sleepily, "I want to wake up like this, every day of my life..."

Hugging him close to herself, she said, "And you will..."

They lay there like that for a while before Khushi asked, "Shall we go to Buaji's house now?"

Arnav looked up at her uncertainly, scared that she was going to leave him...

Seeing his vulnerable look, she decided to tell him of her decision, "I'm going to stay with you. I'll handle Buaji and Jiji."

***************************************************

A while later they set off to Buaji's house with an elated Arnav and a content Khushi.

The relief and immense happiness she saw in Arnav's eyes when she'd told him that she's staying with him, confirmed that she'd definitely made the right decision.

When Buaji opened the door and saw Arnav and Khushi, she exclaimed in happiness, "Arre Payalia look who's here! Come in Nandkishore, come in!"

The moment they stepped into the house, Buaji took them both into a bear hug – almost suffocating them – yet they both felt happy with the affection.

Arnav definitely hadn't expected Buaji to hug him too, but when she did he couldn't help but feel slightly emotional. It almost felt like he had a family who loved him now...

A few seconds later, Payal came out. As soon as she saw Khushi, she ran and engulfed her sister in a welcoming hug.

"I missed you so much Jiji," Khushi said, hugging her back.

"I missed you too Khushi. The house seems dead without you... I can't wait till that stupid murderer is caught," Payal said sadly, thinking that even today her time with her little sister will be limited.

"L75 has now been caught and your sister is now officially safe," Arnav announced with a smile, knowing that his words will bring a lot of happiness in Buaji and Payal's hearts.

"Really?!" Payal exclaimed, a big grin on her face as she took Khushi into another hug.

Meanwhile Buaji placed her hand on Arnav's head, as though blessing him, taking him by surprise once again.

"Thank you so much babua. I know that this must have been a result of your hard-work. My sanka devi is safe today, because of you and I'm very thankful to you for that. But more than that I'm very proud of you. May God bless you bitwa," she said whole-heartedly.

Arnav's eyes glistened with tears at her words. After his mum had passed away, there had been no one to be proud of him in his achievements. No one to encourage him when he fell down.

Even his Dadi hadn't cared for him. She just wanted her son's name to be carried forward.

But here, Buaji had only met him once, but she made him feel like he was a part of their family already. She made him feel like her son... He had never thought that he would get this feeling ever again after his mum had left...