My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 23

A while later, Arnav called, "Khushi?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think it's finally time for you to know who I am," Arnav said.

"Huh?"

"Khushi before I explain, I just want you to know that... I hid my identity from you because I thought it was for the best at the time... But after our recent misunderstanding... I don't want to hide it from you anymore..."

Khushi was just getting more and more perplexed by the second. "Arnavji, you're scaring me. Can we please just get this over with without the suspense? What do you mean by you hid your identity? Wait... Are you not a police officer???!!!" Khushi asked, her eyes wide with the thought.

"No no no! I am a police officer - I didn't lie about that," cleared Arnav.

"Then?"

Arnav just took a deep breath before walking towards the elevator saying a quick, "Follow me."

Khushi hurried behind him as soon as she caught on with his words.

As they were going up, Khushi couldn't keep her curiosity at bay. She was pestering him with questions on what he had been hiding, but she got no answers to her utter disappointment.

When the elevator door opened, Khushi was a little taken aback seeing a cabin filled with what looked like work files.

Whatever she was expecting to see, it definitely wasn't this. What could a simple office have anything to do with his identity?

Khushi was busy looking around seeing what was inside the office. But it was only a few minutes later that she noticed what lay outside it.

Khushi gasped as she saw hundreds of people working in their cabins in the huge building. As though in a trance, she walked up to one of the glass walls and gaped at the number of people working.

"Where are we Arnavji?" she whispered, in utmost shock.

"In AR Designs," replied Arnav.

Khushi abruptly turned to face Arnav, her eyebrows shooting up to the sky. "KYA!!!"

Arnav just nodded in response.

"Voh toh uss... kapde waala dukhaan haina? Bohot badawaala? (That's that... clothes shop right? The really big one?)"

Again Arnav just nodded.

"Lekin yahaan toh koi kapde nahi hai...? Yeh amir log na, bohot ajeeb hai. Dukhaan kapde ki hain lekin dukhaan mein koi kapde nahi hai, (But there are no clothes her...? These rich people are so weird. The store is a clothes store, but there is no clothes in the store itself,)" she laughed."... Lekin phir unke paison kahaanse aathe hain? (... But then where does the money come from?)"

"Khushi-" He couldn't continue because Khushi's brain was on the run and she wouldn't rest until she got all her thoughts out.

"E-E-EK minute!!! Hum yahaan kya kar rahen hai? (O-O-One minute!!! What are we doing here?)" She looked at Arnav as though waiting for an answer.

But then before he had a chance to answer, she once again continued, "Oh I know! The owner must be your friend right?" she grinned at him, mentally patting herself for figuring it out. "After all you're a police officer, so you must have acquaintances everywhere. And after knowing our situation, being such a good friend he must have agreed to help us by giving us the penthouse right?" Khushi was so proud of herself for solving the puzzle.

But her glorious moment didn't last long because the very next second another thought hit her. "Wait... But then the tunnel... How could it lead to the penthouse - how can there be that many coincidences?" She was murmuring to herself but Arnav could hear what she was saying.