Chapter 28

"Oh..." Sheetal felt disappointed and also jealous that Khushi knew something about Arnav that she didn't despite the fact that she knew Arnav for longer. And on top of that, Arnav was speaking on Khushi's side! Couldn't he have at least lied, that he liked kharela for her sake?

"It's ok Sheetal Di, at least you know now. Next time you won't make the same mistake," Khushi said, with a sweet smile.

Arnav just felt like kissing Khushi at that moment itself, seeing her possessiveness over him.

Oh how much he loved his angel...

*********************************************************

'Wait what? Love? Where did that come from?' thought Arnav.

'Oh come on, it's so obvious you're in love with her. There's no point in hiding it now,' his conscience replied.

'No no no! I can't be in love! I need to stay away from these emotions! They only cause pain!' thought Arnav.

'Can you stay away from Khushi then?' the other part asked. 'No right? Just because you've abstained from using the word love, it doesn't mean that you're not in love with her,' it said.

Arnav realised, what his other part was saying was right. All these days, he'd tried to stay away from the word 'love' – so much that he even stopped himself from thinking the word.

But when it came to Khushi, he could never keep himself away. His every resolve always shattered into pieces the minute Khushi appeared in front of him.

Every single time he decided to keep his distance, Khushi's one word, one move, even one expression could make those thoughts disappear into thin air.

But how could he allow himself to be in love with her? It would only cause her pain to be with a man like him, who was emotionally scarred in many ways.

'If you were so worried about her feelings, then you should never have taken advantage of her the way you did. How do you plan on leaving Khushi after all the things you both have done together? You've hugged her, you've kissed her – are you just going to throw her out of your life after using her for your needs?' his conscience asked mockingly.

'What??? No!!! I would never do that to any girl, let alone Khushi! She means the world to me!' Arnav thought.

'Exactly! She means the world to you – meaning she has already entered that heart of yours and made a place for herself in it. Whether you like it or not, you are in love with Khushi.'

For a few seconds, Arnav's mind shut down completely.

It was as if everything was darkness.

And then, all of a sudden, everything burst into colours and it all came rushing back with a force that almost shook Arnav – every moment, every word, every kiss...

And that was when he had the biggest epiphany of his life.

He was deeply, and irrevocably, in love with Khushi!

He was in love!!!

The second he admitted to himself that he was in love with Khushi, he felt a burden being lifted off his chest.

He felt so light all of a sudden – it was like the whole world had suddenly turned beautiful...

Everything seemed so much brighter...

The thing he didn't realise was that the world was still the same selfish world he had encountered many times – but it was the happiness in his heart that made it look otherwise.