Chapter 31

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 31

Khushi felt like crying seeing him not talking to her.

Only she knew what she was going through every moment she was away from him. And now that she was with him again, she just wanted to jump into his arms and never leave.

But here he wasn't even ready to speak to her – and that rejection hurt. Like hell.

"Arnavji I-I know you're angry but..." she felt tears sting her eyes at that thought. "Talk to me Arnavji," she said.

When she didn't get any response from him, she pleaded, "P-Please Arnavji," her voice breaking.

Arnav braked suddenly, bringing the car to an abrupt stop.

It was only then that Khushi looked around to see that they were on a deserted road.

And before she could register anything more, she felt herself being engulfed into a hug.

Arnav buried his face in the crook of her neck, desperately pulling her closer as he breathed, "Khushi..."

**********************************************************

"Khushi..." he repeated, almost crushing her in his arms in an attempt to pull her closer and closer.

Meanwhile Khushi responded just as eagerly, tightly clutching onto the back of his shirt while burying her face in his chest, her tears soaking his shirt.

"Arnavji..."

"Khushi..."

Neither of them spoke another word after that. In fact, they didn't need to. Because their unyielding grip on each other did all the speaking for them.

They just wanted to freeze in this moment, where they were together and able to feel each other so closely...

But the sudden ringing of Arnav's phone broke their moment of peace.

Khushi pulled back instantly, only to be pulled back by Arnav who hugged her to his chest with one hand while he took his phone out with his other hand.

Although Khushi didn't say it out loud, this action of Arnav's made her feel extremely happy. For one, it gave her hope that maybe he wasn't angry at her; and second, it showed that he had missed her just as much as she had him.

She gripped onto Arnav's shirt and snuggled into his chest as he placed a loving kiss on the top of her head before answering the call.

"Hello... Haan Sheetal..." Khushi looked up at Arnav as soon as she heard Sheetal's name, subconsciously tightening her hold on his shirt and pulling him closer to herself.

"Yh I found her... Yh she's with me now... Err..." Arnav glanced down at the tightening grip on his shirt and smirked, knowing the reason behind it. "The thing is, Khushi is feeling really weak and tired so I think it would be best if I took her home now. We'll come tomorrow... Yh... Of course Sheetal... You're the best," he laughed. "Thanks for understanding Sheetal... Hmm... Yh... Of course, anything for you... Bye Sheetal! See you tomorrow!"

"What did she say?" Khushi asked the second he cut the phone.

Arnav didn't answer. He pulled away from Khushi a little bit so that he could sit in his seat properly, but he made sure to still hold her close.

"Arnavji! What did she say?" she asked again, getting impatient.

And again he just ignored her question and started the car, driving to RM.