Chapter 40

Arnav didn't want to interrupt this beautiful brother/sister moment, so he just held one of Khushi's hands in his, while she leaned her head against Akash.

"And if Arnav ever hurts you, you know you can come to me – I'll kick his ass for you," Akash said, to cheer up the gloomy atmosphere.

And it worked – Khushi giggled against his shoulder, sneaking a glance at Arnav before replying, "I'm counting on you for that Bhaiya."

"What the?!"

*******************************************************************

A while later, after both Arnav and Akash had spent an hour or so trying to get Khushi to laugh her heart out and forget their recent discovery, they once again sat down, all thinking about how to take this case forward now.

"So how do we get to L75...? I mean Sunil... uncle..." Khushi asked.

"No need to give that murderer any respect Khushi. It's okay to call him Sunil – or even just L75," Akash said.

Khushi nodded.

"Arnav remember you said L75 has a hierarchy within his goons, so that we would never really be able to get to L75 himself?" Akash asked.

"Hierarchy?" Khushi asked in confusion.

"Yh Khushi. Maybe you forgot. Remember the first time you got kidnapped by L75, and we managed to catch some of the goons?"

Khushi nodded.

"When we asked them who sent them, they didn't know. Because they got their instructions from an unknown goon who was above them. They would get contacted from an unknown number, they would get their instructions and then they would follow them. That's it. They don't know anything about who called them or from where. All they knew was that they were working for L75. We call it a hierarchy because it's like the goons are ranked in sets. The people who came to kidnap you were the lowest of the ranks, as they do the dirty jobs. There's many ranks in between who simply pass on the instructions. Once the message goes through enough people, it becomes almost impossible to find the person at the top. And that's what this L75 has. It's too strong for us to break through," Arnav explained.

Khushi listened intently as she took in the information.

"Exactly what I was going to say," Akash spoke. "So we need to create such a situation that L75 himself would appear before us," Akash said.

Both Arnav and Khushi nodded thoughtfully.

"And for that he needs to be given some kind of motive... A motive to come here himself..." Akash continued.

"I have an idea!" Khushi said.

"Well we all know that his aim is to kill me," Khushi started.

Just hearing the words 'kill me' from Khushi's mouth made Arnav really uncomfortable. He put his arms around Khushi and pulled her closer, as if making sure that she was there, in his arms, safe and sound.

"We don't know why he wants to kill me but we do know he must have some kind of vengeance against me or my parents. So how would it feel for him, if he himself got to kill me, with his own hands? Wouldn't he feel more satisfied killing me himself rather than killing me using some goons?" Khushi said.

Arnav's arms tightened around her, while Akash didn't quite like where this was going either, even though what she was saying was making perfect sense.

"What are you suggesting?" Arnav questioned.

"I think I need to be exposed for a few days so that they can try to kidnap me," Khushi said.