Chapter 50 - Part II (Last Chapter)

The moment Arnav got into his bed in the guest room, he felt bereft.

Not because the room was small or because of the lack of AC... But because there was no Khushi.

After all, now that they were in Buaji's house, Khushi would go back to sleeping with Payal. And it would be extremely inappropriate if he asked Buaji to let her sleep with him – in fact she would be absolutely scandalised!

But what was he to do? Ever since Khushi had stayed with him, he had become accustomed to sleeping with her in his arms... And now, he had no idea how he was going to sleep without her...

He groaned as he realised that it was going to be a very long night ahead.

***************************************************

He tossed and turned, unable to get even a wink of sleep.

Minutes felt like hours...

It was 2am and Arnav was still wide awake, and very irritable.

Cursing under his breath, he got out of bed and strode out of the room.

On the other hand, Khushi had enjoyed being back in her room with her sister...

Her Jiji had been the one person she had shared everything with, and it would be a total lie if Khushi said that she hadn't missed her all these days. So it was amazing for her to be able to spend time with Jiji and tell her everything that had happened since she'd left – leaving out the steamy moments between her and Arnav of course...

But the moment it came to actually sleeping... She suddenly craved for the warm pair of manly arms that she so badly missed.

Just like Arnav, she too had got used to sleeping in his arms all these days...

And now, at 2am in the morning, while Payal was fast asleep beside her Khushi lay wide awake, sleep seeming like complete impossibility.

Suddenly, she heard fast footsteps, alerting her...

Worse, the footsteps seemed to be coming towards her room.

Scared, she shut her eyes tight, hoping there wasn't a thief in the house or something.

Just then her room door creaked open...

She pretended to sleep as she felt the person come towards the bed...

Or more precisely, towards her side of the bed...

But then her fears were all swept away when she heard her name, "Khushi," in that husky whisper that she would never fail to recognise...

Her eyes shot open in panic.

"Arnavji?! What are you doing here?!" she whispered. What if they got caught?! That too by Buaji?!

Not replying, Arnav simply just took the blanket off her and took her into his arms, carrying her out of the door while Khushi struggled in panic.

He swiftly took her into his room and gently kicked the door shut behind him.

He sat down on the bed and placed her in his lap, hugging her to him before finally letting out a sigh, content to finally have her in his arms.

"What have you done to me Khushi?" he almost groaned as he buried his face in her tresses... "I can't even get a wink of sleep without you anymore... What magic have you done on me?" He tightened his arms around her.