My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 11

Soon Khushi started to make dinner. When she finished, she laid out all the food on the dining table, ready to go.

Then she went upstairs to get Arnav. She went back to his room (now her room too) to see whether he had returned or not, but there was no sign of him in the room. She could faintly see some light around the edges of the door next to Arnav's room as she came out, so she thought he might be in there.

"Arnavji?" Khushi called without thinking as she knocked on the door.

Only a moment later did she realise that it could very well be Dadi inside that room. Khushi's eyes almost popped out as her eyes widened with that thought. "Hey Devi Maiyya! Hum margaye! Agar Dadi bahaar aake hume dekhenge toh voh unki nazar se hi hume jalathenge! (I'm dead! If Dadi comes out and sees me then she will burn me with her mere look!)" Khushi panicked.

"Tum bilkul paagal ho Khushi! Tumhe sochne ke baat knock karna chahitha na? Ab agar Dadi tumhe dhaatna shuru karenge toh tumhe hi sehna padega! (You're completely crazy Khushi! You should have knocked after thinking right? Now if Dadi starts telling you off then you will be the one who would be the one to have to tolerate that!)" she berated herself.

After a few moments, she heard footsteps coming towards the door - the person was probably coming to open the door. "Hey Devi Maiyya! Should I run?" Khushi thought that maybe she should just run for it, but the footsteps were too close now. Any second now the door would be opened.

Khushi tightly shut her eyes, waiting for Dadi to come out and shout at her. She heard the door open and she waited for the yelling to begin, but it never came.

She waited a few more seconds before she opened her eyes, one at a time, to see Arnav standing before her, looking at her as though looking at an alien from another planet.

Seeing Arnav she took a deep sigh of relief before smiling sheepishly at him. She could feel her cheeks start to burn in embarrassment as she realised what it must have looked like to him while she was standing there stupidly in front of a door with her eyes tightly shut.

"Voh... I... I was looking for you..." Khushi said, causing Arnav to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Ummm... Dinner is ready... I saw the lights on so I thought you would be in here, but after I knocked I realised that it could be Dadi..." she explained her fear to him.

"Oh," he nodded understandingly. "Don't worry, this is my study room so Dadi won't ever be in here. Dadi's room is over there," he pointed towards a door the other end of the floor. Khushi nodded.

"Why don't you come downstairs? Everything has been laid out," Khushi requested politely. Arnav nodded in response and started towards the stairs when Khushi asked, "what about Dadi?"

"She will eat later. She only eats when she feels like it, so she will come and get her food when she feels hungry," replied Arnav, carelessly.

"But Arnavji it would be nice if everyone could eat together right?" Khushi asked hesitantly.