My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 12 (Part II)

Arnav hadn't been this relaxed with anyone in years. After his mother's death, Khushi was the first one to receive this much care from Arnav. And Khushi was the first one to bring out the deepest and truest of his feelings. Hence why he lost control around her so often and ended up saying and doing things he never intended to.

But that doesn't mean that she has changed Arnav completely. There were many things which were still alien to him - and one such thing was words. Yes, you heard that right. Words. He was never good with them, especially when he needed to express his inner feelings - but then that need hadn't really arisen after his mother died. Expressing his feelings wasn't necessary because there was no one close to him for him to express them. But as much as expressing his feelings was hard for him, consoling someone was even harder.

Now of course ACP Arnav Singh Raizada had had many cases where he had to save many people, but in all those times he'd just acted professionally, giving small, curt reassurances like don't worry' and it will be fine.' But this situation was different and he knew that he couldn't repeat those phrases and get away with it. However, he couldn't come up with long consolations either.

"Khushi don't cry," he pleaded, looking at her. But that didn't seem to work at all, because her tears were still spilling over relentlessly.

Arnav was racking his brain trying to think of something to say to Khushi which would stop her from crying, when he felt something soft fall across his chest. He realised a second later that Khushi had hugged him and was now sobbing on his chest.

Arnav did the only thing he could think of and naturally put his arms around her, welcoming her into his warmth, giving her his strength. He stroked her hair soothingly with one hand while resting the other on her back. He just held her while she cried out on his chest, soaking his shirt.

He waited for her crying to slow down but it just didn't happen. Arnav was still racking his brain when a line came out of his mouth automatically, surprising both him and her.

"Do you think Maa will be happy seeing you cry over her Khushi?"

With that Khushi's sobs decreased, eventually coming down to sniffs. Khushi shook her head against his chest in response to the question; the gesture making Arnav's heart beat faster in response. Even though the sensation felt foreign, it felt good to Arnav.

"Exactly. She would never want us to cry over her. If we are happy then she'll be happy too," Arnav said. He didn't know where all of this was coming from but he just went with the flow and did his best to extend this speech a tad more so that Khushi can stop worrying. "And I remember Ma once said that it was always bad to start the day crying and we should never -"

"Pathaa hai (I know)," Khushi sniffed.

"Kya?(What?)"

"That we shouldn't start the day crying. Maa told me too," Khushi said, remembering many other things that her Ratna Maa had taught her. Just then something clicked in her brain. She pulled away from Arnav suddenly, disappointing him at losing her warmth.