My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 21 (Part II)

Arnav felt awful. Yes, he was hurt from yesterday. But he didn't intend on hurting Khushi in return. She wasn't made for that. The fault was in him, he knew. He was always undeserving of love in life - whether that was the love of a father, love of a mother or the love of a friend. Life always snatched it away from him and he was now used to the pain that follows it - or so he thought.

What he never realised was that he didn't need to get used to that pain anymore, now that Khushi is in his life to never leave. How long it will take him to accept that... only time will tell.

Just as he was internally beating himself up for making Khushi cry, he realised that she didn't have her dinner last night either! And she was ill last night too! Yes the fever was gone by morning - he could feel her body temperature when his hands were around her in the morning. But still she must be weak and she needed to eat well! And what had he gone and done? He had made sure that she left her breakfast incomplete because of his tantrums. Damn him!

He strode to the bathroom and knocked on the door, calling "Khushi! Khushi! Please come out Khushi!"

He could hear that her crying had stopped but he could still hear faints sounds of sniffling that she was trying to hide. But still she didn't reply back to him.

"Khushi! Come out! You need to eat Khushi! You were ill yesterday, you must be weak so you need to eat too."

Again, there was no reply.

Arnav knew now that his pleads won't work. Now there was one final card that he could play.

"Khushi if you don't come out right now, then I won't eat my breakfast! Actually trash that - if you don't come out right now, I won't anything at all today!" He knew that she would never risk his health, especially when she knew he had diabetes. He continued, "And you know I mean it Khushi - I stick to my word. Come out now, or else-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the door swung open revealing Khushi standing there with her head hung low, not willing to let him see her face or her red, swollen eyes.

Before he could get a word in, she walked straight past him towards the dining table, seated herself back in her chair and silently started to eat, never lifting her head up.

Arnav didn't know what to say - he knew that this was partly his fault too, and he just didn't know how to rectify it. Or I should say, he didn't know if it was worth rectifying.

Yes Khushi was in pain, and if he apologised she would feel better. But when he was going to maintain distance from her anyway, an apology would only give her false hope. And that could only hurt more.

The pain she felt now would only be temporary - until this case is solved. Once she goes back to her Buaji and her sister none of this would matter anyway. He wouldn't matter in her life anymore. She would eventually forget him and move on.

So Arnav didn't try to speak to Khushi after seeing her silence. He simply walked to the dining table too and started to eat his breakfast.

During this whole time the only thing Khushi could hear in her ears were his words, "KYUNKI MERE HAR TAKLEEF KI VAJA TUM HI HO!(BECAUSE YOU ARE THE REASON FOR MY EVERY PAIN!)"

The words were reverberating in her ears over and over again. Those words were like a spear permanently lodged in her heart. They were torturing her recklessly.

She wasn't angry with Arnav. She was upset with herself that she was the reason for his pain. She couldn't bear to lift her head with the shame she felt for hurting the man who had done so much for her. He had every right to be angry at her.

Once they were both done, Arnav and Khushi cleared up the table silently.

Then Khushi went back to the bed and turned the TV on. But she wasn't even watching it - just staring at the screen while her mind was repeating the events of the past two days.