Chapter 45

After around 4 minutes or so, both Arnav and Khushi knew that their time was up. It would look suspicious if they stayed any longer, so they had to put a stop to their love scene.

They both pulled away from each other reluctantly, and gazed into each other's eyes, gaining encouragement and confidence from each other.

They quickly rearranged their clothes and hair so that they looked a little more presentable, but still looked like they'd had (and still were having) a bit of a tiff – verbally and physically.

Once they were ready, they gave each other one final hug.

"Ready Khushi?" Arnav whispered in her ear.

Khushi simply clutched his collar, trying to gain strength from him.

Understanding her plight, Arnav pulled back slightly to place a hand on her upper breast, exactly where he'd given her a love bite less than 5 minutes ago.

"Whenever you feel nervous, or scared, just remember I'm always with you," he whispered. "All this will be over before the sting of this love bite stops," he murmured, before placing a tender kiss on her forehead.

After giving her a few seconds to take his words in, "Now are you ready?" he asked, pulling her into him by her waist.

"Let's do this," Khushi replied with a smile, a determined glint in her eyes.

*****************************************************************

She stuck her tongue out lightly and wiped some saliva off her tongue with her index finger and then spread it on cheeks like tear stains, before shouting, "I hate you!!!" and running towards the door, unlatching it and running out.

Arnav tried to run behind her but then got blocked by Sheetal who suddenly appeared by the doorway.

"Give her some time, Arnav," she said softly. "She loves you a lot, and that's why she isn't being able to digest seeing another girl close to you. She may be angry right now but deep down she knows that you love her a lot too... And when she comes face to face with this fact, she'll calm down. Just give it a day or two," Sheetal advised with a smile.

Though Arnav was reluctant to let Khushi run off like that, he gave in to Sheetal's words – or at least that's what he made it all seem like.

It was then that he noticed that Sheetal was holding two glasses in her hand, which seemed to have juice in it.

"Oh, is that juice for me?" Arnav asked, pleasantly surprised.

"Yh, actually I thought it would be nice to get everyone some juice and snacks since it's already evening... I brought juice for both you and Khushi, but I guess she won't be in the mood for it now..." Sheetal explained, sounding disappointed while saying the last line.

"It's okay Sheetal. Like you said, she needs time... And as for the juice, why don't you and I have it together?" Arnav suggested.

Sheetal looked surprised by Arnav's request, "But won't that make Khushi even angrier than she already is? I mean, me and you having juice just by ourselves and all...?"

Arnav just smiled and explained, "Sheetal we've known each other for a few years now. Khushi needs to understand that just because she's entered my life now, I'm not going to let go of the relationships I've already formed. And this doesn't mean that I love her any less than she loves me. It's just that she needs to trust her place in my life while accepting all my other relations too."

Sheetal just replied, "Fair enough," before handing Arnav the drink in her right hand.

"Thanks," he said, "Why don't we sit on the bed and talk?"