My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 25 (Part II)

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 25 (Part II)

He softly pecked her lips and said, "As much as I want to devour your lips right now," Khushi blushed with his words which were filled with so much raw passion, "you deserve to know about this case. And if we get distracted now, we will be distracted all day..."

And Khushi knew what he meant so she simply nodded, but her blush still didn't fade one bit.

"So... where were we? Before we got... umm... distracted?" he asked.

***************************************************

"Karanji..."

Arnav's eyes hardened at hearing the name. "Right. That bast***."

"Arnavji!" Khushi exclaimed defensively.

But this time, instead of getting angry, Arnav's eyes softened as he looked at Khushi's outraged expression.

"You're so innocent Khushi," he said, tenderly stroking her cheek with his hand.

Khushi looked so confused in that moment that she looked just like a lost child in Arnav's eyes. And that's what she was - innocent, and unaware of the cruelties around her...

Looking at her perplexed face Arnav just felt like hiding her in his arms, away from the world and all the brutality that was following her...

And that's what he will do. He will protect her from everything out there. Anything that wanted to get to Khushi, had to get through him first, he decided.

"Not everyone's heart is as pure as yours Khushi," he said softly. "And everything is not always what it looks..."

Khushi was just getting more and more confused with his words. "I don't understand... Can you stop speaking in riddles and just come to the point?"

Arnav took a deep breath before saying, "Khushi, Karan is not what he looks."

Seeing her still in confusion he continued, "Neither is his name Karan, and neither does he have an ill mother."

Khushi was rooted to the spot at hearing what he'd just said.

But why would Karan do that?' she thought. Why would anyone need to lie about their name? And why would he have to make up a lie about his mother?

She was finding it hard to take in what Arnav had just told her... But then Arnav would never lie to her and she knew that.

"Why?" she whispered. "Why did he lie to me? Why would he need to lie about his name? What did he get out of that?"

This is it,' Arnav thought. Time to tell her the full story.

"Khushi, his actual name is Shyam Manohar Jha. He has a huge illegal drug dealing business. And he has many goons working for him too. He is one of the most wanted criminals within the police. The thing with Shyam is that all the police officers know what he's doing, but we are yet to find strong evidence against him. There is someone within the police force who is working in his favour - because every time we have found some form of evidence in the past, it has gone missing. The police have been trying to catch him for almost a year now with no luck. And that's when they decided to hand the case over to me."

"But why you in particular?" she interrupted.

"Because I always handle the dangerous cases," he said simply.

Khushi's eyebrows furrowed.

"Khushi, for years I didn't have anyone to call as mine.' And there was no one to consider me as theirs."