Chapter 26 (Part I)

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 26 (Part I)

After a few moments of silence, Arnav murmured, "Mujhe bhoog lagrahi hai Khushi. Khaana milega? (I'm hungry Khushi. Can I get some food?)"

Khushi pulled away immediately with a big smile on her face and said, "Abhi banaathi hoon (I'll go make it now)"

Khushi was so happy – for the first time, Arnav asked her to make him food, using his rights on her. Before, it was always an unsaid thing between them that she makes the food, and it was just done as a routine. But for the first time ever Arnav actually asked her with rights. It just felt so intimate – it made her feel good, and she wanted to make the best food for him today.

She went to the kitchen with an extra skip in her step.

Arnav on the other hand was going to take that time to read the file.

And this is where the real mission begins...

*********************************************************

Arnav was carefully going through the file, making sure to read each and every line with full concentration, not missing a single detail.

As he read the file, he found out several things about Shashi as well as Khushi that he didn't know before.

Shashi was a businessman who was married to Garima, his childhood friend. When they grew up they eventually fell in love and got married. But unfortunately they weren't blessed with a child for almost 7 years of their married life. So eventually they decided to adopt a new born, and they named the baby girl 'Payal.'

Two years later however, Garima became pregnant, shocking everyone.... And that's when Khushi was born.

The entry of both girls in their lives turned out extremely lucky for the couple. Shashi's business grew so much more, and their family became a lot more stable, money-wise and happiness-wise.

But unfortunately the growth of Shashi's business also meant that he had more business rivals...

On a personal level however, he didn't seem to have many (or any) rivals. Shashi was a very kind man, so he didn't really seem to have any enmity with anyone.

Once Arnav had gone through Shashi's check, he had made a list of 11 people who could be his possible enemies. And out of the 11, 6 had already passed away some way or another, which meant that there were only 5 possibilities:

Raj Singh

Vishal Arora

Anil Malhotra

Sushanth Kapoor

Karan Bhatia

Just as he'd made the list, Khushi entered telling him that lunch was ready.

Smiling, Arnav put his work aside and followed Khushi to the dining table.

Khushi had made lunch keeping in mind Arnav's favourites, and she'd made sugar-free kheer for him too as she knew that he loved her kheer.

As they both started eating, Khushi was silently waiting for Arnav to tell her how the food was, especially since she'd put in extra effort to make the food today.

Arnav who was oblivious to her expectations was just eating his dinner silently, showing no expressions whatsoever, to Khushi's utter disappointment.

After waiting for a few minutes, Khushi's patience ran out, so she herself asked, "Kesa hai? (How is it?)"

"What?" Arnav asked, confused.