My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 21 (Part I)

As he was lost in thought, still trying his best to control his desires, Khushi moved again, trying to get into a more comfortable position. And Arnav could only tighten his arms around her in an attempt to control his hands from moving elsewhere and to stop those weird stirrings in him as her body rubbed against his.

Staying away from this Khushi was going to harder than he thought, he realised...

*****************************************************************

The next morning, Khushi stirred awake, feeling like she just had the best night's sleep she'd ever had. She felt so comfortable and warm that she almost moaned at the thought of getting up. She dug her face into her pillow and snuggled in more. She just wanted to lay here like this forever. But of course, she was being stupid she knew so she slowly opened her eyes, only to find that instead of a pillow, she saw a chest!

Khushi's eyes widened at that and she quickly leaned back a little bit to see a peacefully sleeping Arnav lying beneath to her, with his one arm wound tightly around her waist and the other cradling her head against his chest, while her own leg was thrown over his abdomen carelessly. Khushi gasped as she processed their intimate position.

She tried to move out of his embrace without waking him up but fate wasn't on her side and her plan backfired.

When she tried to take his hands off her waist, he just tightened his arms around her waist - but that wasn't the best part! He seemed to need to change positions in his sleep, so he turned over to his side with his hands still on Khushi's waist and head, causing Khushi to lie on her back while he nuzzled her neck, snuggling into her warmth.

At first when he moved, Khushi was relieved thinking he might be awake now. But her hopes were dashed as she realised in the next few seconds that he was still asleep. She was tempted to wake him up so that she could move away, but somehow she didn't have the heart to do it. He looked so peaceful and baby-like while he was asleep. She'd never seen his face this serene - even during the other numerous time she's seen him sleep, and she just didn't want ruin this for him.

There was another reason she didn't want to wake him up - one that she didn't really want to admit to herself... But she felt good in the confines of his arms, feeling his warm breath caressing her neck. Like... it felt really good. It was like heaven. Khushi felt so safe and warm and... she couldn't explain it, but it just felt so right. It was almost like she was made to be held in his arms...

Her thoughts suddenly changed directions and the events of the previous day flooded back to her.

He was hurt, she knew. Hurt by her words. But she didn't mean it the way he took it, and she would make sure that she told him that today. She had grown attached to Arnav a lot in the past few weeks. She saw a great friend in Arnav - in fact friend doesn't even cover her feelings for Arnav. She didn't what it was that she felt for him, but she knew it was more than mere friendship. And she knew it wasn't just from her side too - she had seen him slowly start to smile in the time they grew closer. And she would be damned if she let this beautiful relation between them get ruined by a misunderstanding.

But what would she say to him? How could she word things so that he would understand that she wasn't pointing a finger at him, but simply just trying to be a part of his life?

As Arnav wriggled against her a little, her mind was brought back to a more pressing issue at the moment.

How had they ended up in bed together?

She could remember flashes of him making her drink milk and tucking her into bed, but she couldn't remember when he had got into bed with her. He had never done that before...