Chapter 29

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 29

Arnav walked back into the living room smirking, as he knew that Khushi would be really jealous right now with the attention he was giving Sheetal.

But when he went into the living room, his smirk was wiped off.

Khushi. Was. Gone.

The bangles he brought for her lay on the floor, broken with her blood stained on them...

"Khushi!!!"

*********************************************************

Arnav felt his whole world crashing down.

The panic that clawed at his heart mercilessly threatened to break him down completely.

Arnav fell on his knees, unable to take the pain that engulfed him.

"Khushi!!!!!" he called again, hoping against hopes that Khushi would just walk in through that door, saying that it was all just a prank.

But his hopes were dashed when nothing of the sort happened.

Instead, Sheetal who had heard him shout came rushing towards him, panicking as she saw him down on his knees.

"Arnav?! What happened Arnav? Where's Khushi?!" she asked, panicking.

The Arnav who had once been able to take on any situation without a flinch, now sat not knowing how to bear this pain that threatened to rip his entire being apart.

Sheetal went down onto her knees and lay a hand on Arnav's shoulders, "Arnav what happened?"

She shook his shoulders when he didn't respond. "Arnav!"

Sheetal began to panic as she saw Arnav sit numbly. He wasn't responding to her at all.

But then... a lone tear rolled down his cheek...

"They took Khushi," he barely whispered.

"What?! No ways!!!" Sheetal exclaimed, shocked by his response.

But then his one look towards the broken bangles on the floor gave her all the answers she needed.

"Then what are you doing here?!!!" Sheetal exclaimed, shaking his shoulder.

Arnav looked at her confused.

"You idiot!! Go get her!!!" Sheetal gave him a slight push on the back, urging him to get up and go.

Arnav looked at her as if that thought hadn't even occurred to him.

And yes, it hadn't. The thought that Khushi was gone had made him panic so much that he couldn't remember anything else. Not the fact that he was a police officer with a huge number of resources to use in such a situation. Not that he could just get up this very second and start looking for his Khushi. And not even the fact that he'd secretly got a small GPS tracking device sewn onto each of her tops, and even the sari that he'd bought yesterday.

After she left RM last time and almost got killed, he'd made sure that each of her tops had a tiny GPS tracking device sewn on, well away from sight. Even Khushi didn't know about this as the device was extremely small and light-weighted, and it was usually disguised as a sequin or sewn between the materials of the top, so even she didn't notice.

This sudden but crucial realisation gave Arnav a new breath of life...

Arnav sighed in relief as hope spread across his mind, body and soul, lifting off the weight that had burdened him.