My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 9

Hey Devi Maiyya! Sirf hamaare saath hi yeh sab kyun ho raha hain? (Why is this only happening with me?) What had I done to deserve this? First I thought you didn't like my prashad (offerings), but surely you wouldn't be this harsh on me just for unsatisfying prashad...right?

Dadi hates me to bits for some reason unknown to me - or maybe there isn't any reason. Maybe I'm just... unlikeable. I sighed. That's probably it. I mean it would have been fine if it was just Dadi, but here Arnavji seemed to have a problem with me too, and not to mention those goons who must hate me to actually get down to hurting me for some reason. Yes. That must be it. I'm just unlikeable.

But what have I done?

As if you don't know,' one part of my brain said.

What had I done?

Admit it Khushi. You WERE interfering in Arnavji's life for no reason. You had no right to do that. You don't know anything about Arnavji or his Dadi so how could you start to give him your wise' advice on the situation? Tumne teek nahi kiya hai Khushi (You haven't done the right thing Khushi)' it said.

I pouted. Maybe that is true...

OK I admit that is completely true, I admitted to myself guiltily.

I face-palmed myself. Tum bhi na Khushi! Bilkul paagal ho tum! Unse aise baat karneki kya zarurath thi? Ab voh bohot naaraz honge. Yeh bhi nahi pata hai ki voh kahaan gaye hain... (What's wrong with you Khushi! You're crazy! Why did you have to speak to him like that? Now he would be very angry. I don't even know where he's gone...) I should apologise to him when he comes back...

Wait. No. Why should I? I spoke stupidly, I admit that. But what right did he have to speak to me like that? He shouldn't have said all that. What did he say? I don't mean anything to him? I don't have any right to interfere in his life? I should stay within my limits. Hmmmph! If that was all he'd said then I would have forgiven him easily. But no. He said I was trying to make him fall for my non-existent charms' - and worse, I was trying to do all this for his money and wealth!

Is that what he really thinks about me? That I'm after his money? His wealth? Did he truly think that after everything that's happened between us...? Somehow that thought hurt far more than it should.

Wait Khushi. Why should he trust you? You are no one to him. Just another case. And he's only known you for one day, so stop building dreams from nothing...

I sighed in defeat. I guess the truth always hurts. I meant nothing to him and he probably does think all of that of me. I just needed to learn to keep my big mouth shut, and keep my distance from him.

Yes. That's the best thing. Let's just get this thing over and done with. This is his job - and I'll just make this easier for him. I'll just let him do whatever it takes to keep me safe. When I'm out of danger he'll go his way and I will go mine. Until then I will keep my distance. I need to apologise to him for speaking to him like that too.