Chapter 39

"How about we look through Shashi Gupta's file again to see if there are any clues in there that we've missed?" suggested Akash, to try and change the topic.

"Sure," replied Arnav.

Khushi picked up the file that Akash had given and said, "Arnavji, me and Bhai will look at this one and you can look at Amanji's one. Then we'll swap?"

Arnav nodded in agreement, and all three got to work straight away.

They were all looking through the file intently when Khushi suddenly screamed, "I remember!!!!"

*******************************************************************

Both Arnav's and Akash's heads snapped up to look at Khushi expectantly.

But their expectancy was replaced with worry as they saw Khushi's face change from excited to scared and sad.

"What happened Khushi?" Both Arnav and Akash asked simultaneously.

"No," Khushi whispered. "No it can't be," she murmured. "What am I thinking?! How can..." Khushi was just muttering to herself in denial.

"Khushi?" Arnav called worriedly, seeing her talking to herself without responding to them.

When that didn't catch her attention either, Arnav inched closer to her, taking her by the shoulders and shaking her lightly.

Finally Khushi looked up at him as if suddenly taken out of a trance.

"Khushi?" Arnav looked at her worried, asking her through his eyes whether she was okay.

"Are you okay, Khushi?" Akash asked from her other side.

Khushi looked at both Arnav and Akash before saying, "I... I need to go to Buaji's house..."

"What?!" Was the reply that came out of both Arnav's and Akash's mouths.

"Khushi you know that's too dangerous! We only went there yesterday and going again today is just too risky. What if that L75's men are there? I refuse to put you under that kind of risk!" Arnav said sternly.

"Arnavji samajne ki koshish keejye. Agar aapko yeh jaanna hai ki L75 kon hai, toh aapko hume hamaare ghar lekar jaana hi hoga! (Arnavji try to understand. If you want to know who L75 is, then you have to take me to my house!)"

"Khushi first tell me what you remembered and why you need to go to Buaji's house. I'm not letting you go anywhere before that."

"Arnavji aap kyun nahi samajrahe hain. Hum sach jaane se pehle kuch nahi kehna chaathe hain... Bina sabooth ke hum kise pe bhi ilzaam nahi lagaana chaathe hain... (Arnavji why don't you understand. I don't want to say anything before knowing the truth... Without evidence I don't want to put the blame on anyone...)"

"Khushi tum kuch bhi kaho, main tumhe vahaan nahi lekar jaana chaatha hoon. Mere liye tumhaare safety se zyaada important kuch nahi hai or tum ye achi tara se jaanthi ho. (Khushi no matter what you say, I don't want to take you there. Nothing is more important to me than your safety and you know that very well.)"

"But Arnavji," Khushi tried to argue, but was interrupted by Akash.

"I think I might have a solution."

Both Arnav and Khushi turned to Akash.

"Do you need to speak to someone or do you need to get something from the house?" Akash asked Khushi.

"I need get something from my room..."

"Okay done. Just tell me what to find and where to find it, and I'll go and get it," Akash volunteered.