Chapter 33

Hey guys I know I suck – I was meant to update Wednesday morning but it's already Saturday! But what happened was that I realised I had another exam on Friday which I had totally forgotten about (I know – so irresponsible of me right?) so I was doing lots of last minute cramming and so didn't have time to write... Sorry!

But before you read the update, I just want to thank every single reader out there who commented/liked my work because your appreciation is what keeps me going. And guys my dad finally came back from hospital yesterday – hopefully for good, fingers crossed... I want to thank every single person who asked after my dad and wished him a good recovery. I love you all so so much and every supportive word of yours soothed me in ways I can't even express. So thank you so so so much! Again, thank you so much and I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Anyways here is the update:

Arnav sighed – as much as he wanted to argue with her, he knew that he would have felt the same if he were in her place. Only he wouldn't be bearing it like her – he would have already dug out the eyes of the man who had dared to look at his Khushi.

"Just remember Khushi – you are the one who made this stone feel again. You are the one who made this heart beat again. You are the one who showed me what love is again. And now, this little heart of mine belongs to you – no scratch that – I belong to you, body, heart and soul," he confessed.

Khushi couldn't help the smile that bloomed on her face...

"Arnav and Khushi –" he started.

"Forever right?" she finished for him.

"Forever," he promised, sealing the deal with a kiss.

**********************************************************

They spent the rest of the day kissing and cuddling, loving the feel of being so close to each other.

Even though neither of them had expressed the desperation they had felt without the other today in words, they both definitely tried to make up for it by spending every waking moment they had together.

They talked about everything and nothing – well it was mostly Khushi doing the talking and Arnav doing the listening, with him adding commentary here and there, but wasn't that how they always were?

And eventually the penthouse was filled with a soft silence... None of them spoke but the moment was just as beautiful as those filled with wordy conversations...

"Arnavji," said Khushi after a while, as they both sat on the sofa with his arm thrown over her shoulder and her arms wound round his waist as she leaned against his side.

"Hmm?"

"I miss jiji and Buaji..." she said, a slight wistfulness in her tone which pricked Arnav's heart.

Arnav didn't know what to say to make her feel better, so he just rubbed her arm up and down soothingly, trying to give her comfort.

"You know Arnavji, when Shyam took me this morning I only had two regrets," she continued, not seeming to mind his lack of words.

Arnav pulled her closer at the reminder of this afternoon, still rubbing her arm up and down.

"I was sad that if I was going to die then–" but she was interrupted when Arnav grabbed her shoulders at once and pushed her back slightly so that he could look her in the eye.

"Don't you DARE talk about dying!! I don't ever want to hear that word from your mouth – understood?" he said, his eyes blazing with anger. "You are mine! And nothing can ever take you away from me – not even death! Understood?"