My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 18

He ran back into the house pulling Khushi along as he rushed into their room to look out of the window.

Damn it! He was right.

The house was surrounded by goons.

They had to get out of here. He needed to get Khushi out to safety. Soon.

But how was he going to do that when the house was completely surrounded by goons?!

He needed to act.

And fast.

**************************************************************

Arnav quickly drew the curtains close to make sure no one could see inside the room. He turned to find a very frightened Khushi, looking at him anxiously, waiting for him to say something... to assure her that everything will be fine.

But Arnav hardly had time to do that at the moment. Right now, all his focus was on getting Khushi to safety. He didn't have time to mess about worrying about emotions.

But then again, he knew Khushi. And he knew how fragile and sensitive she was. So he grabbed her shoulders in a strong grip, looking directly into her eyes and said, "Look, I need you to listen carefully and not panic. We are completely surrounded by that man's men." Khushi's face turned pale with shock and worry, while her eyes widened with fear.

"Khushi look we don't have much time, so I need to you to trust me and just follow my instructions ok?" he said, still looking intently into her eyes, trying his best to convey his reassurance to Khushi through his eyes.

Without waiting for her reply he continued, "I need you to go and sit inside the wardrobe on the top shelf, while I quickly go and close all the windows in the house ok?"

Saying that, he turned towards the door, when Khushi grasped onto his hand desperately and pleaded, "Mat jaiye please! (Please don't go!)"

Arnav turned back to see her face etched with desperation and her eyes clouded with tears. He hated himself for not being able to sit down and comfort her, even if it was only for a few moments, but still he had to do this. For her.

He took her hands off his arm and said very seriously, "Khushi, just do what I told you to do."

He saw her eyes welling up with tears, and unable to resist he squeezed her hand which he was holding, before softly saying, "I will be back for your next breath. I promise." He looked into her soulful eyes for a moment more before saying sternly, "Now go."

With that he released her hand and strode out of the door.

Khushi was extremely confused as to why Arnav had told her to hide in the wardrobe, out of all places. And why specifically the topmost shelf? Her mind was filled with questions, but she knew this wasn't the time to dwell on these things. So she hurriedly opened the wardrobe and climbed up onto the topmost shelf and sat on it. Now all she had to do was wait for Arnav...

Meanwhile Arnav ran to each and every window in the house to shut it and draw the curtains close.

Well... all except for one.

When he'd looked out from the balcony, he had realised that the house was practically surrounded by all sides except one. It was side where the kitchen was. So he quickly went to the kitchen and opened the window slightly.

Then he dashed back up the stairs to Khushi, who was shivering inside the wardrobe, trying to fight off her fears alone, desperately holding onto Arnav's words that he would come back to her. That was the only thing keeping her sane.

And just as he'd promised, Arnav came and slid open the wardrobe door to see a visibly shaken Khushi waiting for him.

As soon as Khushi saw Arnav, she flung herself into his arms, holding onto him for dear life.