My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 7

"Khushi," he warned again. I didn't move. "Khushi kao, (Khushi eat)" he repeated, pushing the tray towards me. I didn't reply. Who did he think he was, ignoring his own health but trying to protect' me? How dare he do that to himself?! In no way would I let him do that. He thought he could threaten me to eat did he? I smirked internally. He didn't know who he was dealing with here. If he was stubborn then so was I. After all, I'm Khushi Kumari Gup-

I couldn't finish my thought as I felt a morsel of food get forcefully fed into my mouth.

I froze, my eyes widening as I felt my mouth close around his fingers instinctively. When I looked up, I got to know that it wasn't just me who had frozen after all. Arnavji looked lost looking at his fingers which were still in my mouth. I watched as the shock replaced the lost look, as though he just realised what he had been doing.

Arnavji was still lost in his own world, when an idea clicked into my brain.

While he was still trying to get his head around what he'd just done I quickly prepared a morsel as fast as I could and then forced it into his mouth, awakening him from his lost state.

This time it was my turn to feel lost feeling his lips close around my fingers - it was those weird sparks again, giving me a tingling feeling that started from my fingers and shot out to all sorts of places in my body. I shivered at the feeling and pulled my hand away to get rid of these strange sensations. I watched as he looked at me for a moment like he was deciding how to react to this action of mine. But then I internally sighed with satisfaction as he started chewing his food. As he swallowed, I thought I saw a sheen of tears appear in his eyes, but just then he turned around looking around the room for something. When he turned around there wasn't any sign of emotion on his face. I felt like face-palming myself - he was back to his I am unfeeling' mode again.

"Now eat," he ordered me, looking stern.

"No," I replied calmly. He didn't look pleased at my answer. "You have to eat too if you want me to eat this food," I continued, giving him the reason behind my denial.

"I just ate," he stated, as though there was no way I could counter his statement.

"One tiny morsel doesn't equate to a whole meal," I stated in the same tone, not ready to give up to his arrogance.

He looked like he was having some sort of internal war within himself before he came to a decision. "Fine." That was all he said, before he took a morsel of food and ate it, signalling me with his eyes to do the same. I obeyed his silent order by taking a mouthful of food myself. Then he took a morsel, followed by me and so on. Before we both knew it, we had emptied the tray to the extent where there was not a single particle of food remaining on the plate. I smiled in satisfaction at my achievement - I'd actually managed make Arnavji eat. Vah Khushi Kumari Gupta! Tussi great ho! (You're great!) I mentally patted myself on the back.

We both cleaned up afterwards, with him taking the tray back downstairs after ordering me to stay in the room and not come out. I knew he didn't want me to face his Dadi again - and somehow that meant a lot. It reminded me of the way Buaji and Jiji would always try and protect me from some of the sharp tongues in society - especially when we were first adopted by Buaji. I missed them...

When Arnavji came back upstairs, it was so awkward for a few moments because we both didn't know what to say to each other. Then I remembered why I was here in the first place, and I realised that there was so much that I had to ask him.

"Do Buaji and Jiji know where I am?" I asked him. "Hey Devi Maiyya!" I exclaimed. "They will be so worried! It's been more than a day!"

"Khushi I-" he tried to say but I was too lost in my worries that I didn't even register him trying to speak.

"They must be devastated! Hey Devi Maiyya what if they complained to the police?! Wait. I'm with a police officer now. Then what? Do I ever get to meet them?! Why is this happening to me?!" I cried. As I babbled on, I must have taken up the last of his patience because then he burst out.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta SHUT UP!" he shouted, his booming voice echoing off the walls. I froze with that and stood there guiltily, looking at the floor with realisation. I didn't dare look up at him but I could here him murmuring with gritted teeth, "kithna bolthi hai yeh ladki? (how much does this girl speak?)"

I heard him take a deep breath and then he started speaking again in a much more calm voice. "Your Buaji and Jiji have been informed of the situation - they don't know where you are exactly for safety purposes but they know that you have support."

"How did they react? They must have been shattered!" I asked, talking more to myself than him. The thought of their worried faces really upset me - what must they be going through?

He didn't respond at first but then a few moments later he said, "Don't worry. Everything will be fine soon."

"I miss them," I told him. "I wish I were with them. Our carers always do so much for us and sometimes we don't realise how much they do until they are taken away from us. When I'm in any kind of trouble, I hardly ever even get the time to worry about it because my Jiji always makes me feel a thousand times better with a few of her wise words. And Buaji - she always masks her care with her scolding for the smallest of matters. Our close ones do so much for us without even expecting anything. Haina? (Right?)" I said, smiling with memories.

"And that reminds me, you shouldn't have spoken to Dadi like that," I said to him. He gave me a cold glare at that, but I continued to make my point, "It was just a misunderstanding and she cares for you. That's why she spoke like that."

"Khushi stay out of it," he warned

"You shouldn't have been so rude to her. She must have felt awful. She was doing all of that for you," I tried to explain to him. I saw his jaws tighten with restraint but I still continued, "Think of all the sacrifices she must have made for you to bring you up, to give you all the luxuries she could possibly give you. You really shouldn't have hurt her like this - you should go and apologise."

"NOT. ANOTHER. WORD" he said, in that quiet menacing voice of his, causing me to shiver in fear. "Who do you think you are?" he questioned quietly. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" he repeated, shouting with his loud, intimidating voice. "Who are you to interfere in MY family problems? When you don't know anything about me or my family, you have NO BLOODY RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO. YOU KNOW NOTHING!" he bellowed.

Then he strode up to me and grabbed my shoulders in a tight grip as he roared, "What do you think? You can show your care towards me and make me fall for your charms? You think you can obtain all my wealth by making me fall for you. Well let me tell you this. You are just a mere case for me - did you get that? YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTERFERE IN MY LIFE SO LEARN TO STAY WITHIN YOUR LIMITS." He tightened his grip on me even further for a few moments in anger, as he looked daggers at me with a clear threat in his eyes. And the tears started to cascade down my cheeks without my permission. As soon as he noticed my tears he left my shoulders, cursing under his breath and then left the room banging the door shut.

What was happening? What had I done to deserve this? I couldn't help but break down into sobs again, crying at my fate.