Chapter 34

My Imperfect Mr. Perfect - Chapter 34

"Khushi I can't promise that your life will be a bed of roses with me. I'm arrogant, I'm impulsive, and my anger has no limits! We will have lots of fights Khushi, we will hurt each other, and knowing this world there will always be problems ready to separate us. But I can promise you that no matter what I will always always always love you, and I will always always always be with you at every step of your life – no, our lives. If there's anything you trust Khushi, trust this – Arnav aur Khushi hamesha saath rahenge. Hamesha! (Arnav and Khushi will always be together. Forever!)"

And trust Khushi did. She trusted him when he said he loved her. And she trusted him when he said he will never leave her side.

Feeling overwhelmed Khushi launched herself back at him, taking his lips into a passionate kiss which he responded to with equal vigour.

Both knew that this was where the real game begins... The game of love...

Falling in love is easy, but keeping that love alive and sticking to it forever is the hard part – this is the game of life.

And Arnav and Khushi were ready to face this game head on, and they were more than determined to win.

But will their love actually win? Or will fate have other plans for them...?

**********************************************************

The next day Khushi was dressing up, getting ready to go out to Sheetal and Aman's house.

"Khushi!" Arnav called impatiently. "How long do you take?!"

"Uffo I'm coming Arnavji," she replied as she walked out of the bedroom towards Arnav who was sitting on the sofa waiting for her.

As Khushi came into sight, Arnav got up saying, "Hurry up, we're already late."

Both Arnav and Khushi had woken up late today – after all, yesterday they had both confessed their feelings for each other and it had changed the equation between them.

Somehow, confessing their love for each other had put both of their hearts at peace.

That night, they had both slept, cuddling into each other with a new sense of belonging and right. Yes they had slept holding onto each other before, but somehow the confession had made their need to be close to each other stronger. And this time they held on to each other, knowing that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing, and that they had finally given their relationship a name...

This newfound peace made them both sleep longer than usual, making them both late in their daily routines. This meant that they were late going to Aman's house too, and they were both rushing to try and get there as soon as possible.

But that didn't mean that Khushi was going to tolerate the tone that Arnav had just spoken to her in – that too to go to meet Sheetal.

"I don't know why you're making a big thing out of this. You're reacting as if we're late to some important business meeting! It's just lunch at Sheetal's house!" she rebuked.

Arnav sighed as he controlled the urge to roll his eyes. As much as he loved Khushi's possessiveness for him, sometimes her attitude towards Sheetal annoyed him a little bit. To him, Sheetal wasn't a bad girl. Yes, she was attracted to him, but other than that she was a nice girl.

He had understood when Khushi had reacted badly when Sheetal had tried to get close to him the other day, and we won't have any problems if Khushi did that in future too (if the situation arises of course). But he didn't like the way she reacted every time he brought up Sheetal's name casually. Why couldn't she just be normal with Sheetal?