Chapter 2

Louis, I think, put my bags in the back. I climbed in the car and sat in the seat in the back by the window.

It was me and another guy and then there was someone with black hair in the driver's seat and someone in the passenger seat with blonde hair but doesn't look like his roots, or I'm guessing at least.

Louis sits in the seat that is across but in front of the back row. Someone with curly hair sits in the seat in front of me.

The one sitting next to me looks.....smart? I don't know how to say it he just looks smart. I guess.

"Alyssa these are the boys. There are going to be your uncles and fake brothers." I nod. Fake brothers is totally weird but I guess that makes sense since they are only about 10 years older than me.

"They also live with us." He adds after a minute. I inhale slightly and cough a little. I feel all ten of their eyes on me as I cough.

"Are you alright love?" one of them asks I just nod. "You all.... live together?" I ask hesitantly.

They all nod, I just nod nervously and look away from them out the window. I watch as the trees past. I wonder how far I will last here.

After a couple of minutes, we arrive at the house. It was huge!

It had to have at least 6 bedrooms. I wonder what my room looks like, probably just plain and bare.

The boys showed me around, I made sure I was a good distance from them. I can't get attached, that's how they hurt you. Distance is protection - for the most part.

The one with the tattoos scares me the most. Yes I know they all have tattoos except for Niall I think, if I know which one Niall is, but the one with the black hair. He looks scary. Well to me at least. But then again, everyone is taller than me so everyone looks scary.

We finally got to the upstairs part and they told me whose room was whose. I knew I wouldn't be in those anytime soon. "This is Niall's room. The one across from his is Liam's. Then next to Niall's room is mine and your across the hall from me. And at the end of the hall is Harry's and Zayn's." I nod.

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going or what they were saying. I was honestly just anticipating a beating. My question is, how do they have all of this money?

Oh my gosh! They could be in the mafia or in a mob! Why do I always get the messed up people. Do I have marker on my forehead that says 'abuse child'. I roll my eyes inside my head

"Okay this is your room." They open a door to a room that only has a bed. Told you a voice inside my head told me. They all giggle. I walk in and sit on the bed. At least the mattress is nice.

"What's so funny?" I mumble as the laughing got louder.

"This isn't your room." Niall says and laughs more. I just stare at them blankly. "Did you think we were serious about this being your room?" Liam asks. I glance to him but don't respond.

"We were only joking. Sorry." Zayn says. "Let's go to your real room. Yeah?". I just nod slightly and get up and following them.

I shouldn't have done that. They probably think I'm being really weird. I should have known that it was a joke. First beating is gonna happen and it only took me about 10 minutes. Great.

They open a door to a blue, teel, and white room. "This is your real room."

I walk in and look around. "Thanks. It's nice." "Okay well we'll let you unpack. We'll be downstairs if you need us." Harry says. I nod for about the 100th time today.

I sigh and open all the drawers in my room exploring. So many, so little clothes. "Let's see how long I last here." I mumble to myself.

Louis's POV

"Can you guys believe that she actually thought that was her room?" I ask.

"Yeah it did seem pretty weird." Zayn says nodding as he starts eating an orange. "Is it just me or did she seem very distant? Especially with me." He adds after he has taken a bite.

"Yeah but I think mostly towards you." Niall says leaning against the counter. Niall looks the rest of us wondering what to do.

"Guys we need to establish rules. She looks too skinny. And always nods her head. I think we need to for her and for us." I say.

I just want the best for my daughter. I mean who doesn't. I honestly can't even believe I am saying that right now, I have a daughter.

"Look Lou, she's your daughter, we just technically live with you guys. You have to initiate the rules." Liam says being all father like. Eye roll.

"Yeah, we will help make sure she is following them but you have to assert the authority." Harry says.

I nod slowly processing. "I know... I just... I want her to like me, hell I want her to love me. I'm just worried that she isn't and I really want her to. If she doesn't then I don't know what I would do. I've seen her before and she just reminds me so much of myself when I was younger. Sort of quiet and shy." I groan and rub my hands over my face. "I guess I should have thought about this before huh?" I chuckle lightly looking to them.

"Just don't stress mate, everything will work out the way it's supposed to." Niall says and pats my back. I nod slightly and smile a little. They leave me in the kitchen.

I jot down specific rules in order of importance. Hopefully this goes well.

"Alyssa. Can you come down here? I need to talk to you." I yell up the stairs.