Chapter 19

Alyssa's POV

When I woke up the next morning, everything that happened yesterday rushed through my head. Which gave me a headache.

I turned my head to see Harry next to me. That's when I realized I wasn't in my room.

Harry groaned and turned over and I went with him. I was at the edge of the bed and I didn't want to fall off.

I gently tapped his shoulder. "Harry." He didn't budge one bit. "Harry." I said louder. He only pulled me closer to him. "Harry!" I said even louder and he finally heard me.

"Hm?" He said tired. "Let me go please." I said trying to make sure he stayed awake. "No." He said and pulled me closer, if that was possible. "But I have to pee." I whined. He sighed before he let me go.

I got out and walked to the door and went into my room. I quietly closed the door and looked the clock. 7:25 A.M. Wow. I usually wake up earlier.

I go into my closet looking for my bag that I had when I came here. But I couldn't find it.

I found it on the second highest shelf. I grabbed the chair in my room and stood on top of it. I could almost reach it when I felt the chair tipping. I grabbed it but wasn't quick enough to put my foot down to stop it from falling.

It fell and of course I fell with it. I landed on the floor with an 'omph' and my head hit the floor making my head hurt more while the chair landed with a big thud.

I started clutching my head since it hurt bad from hitting the floor. "Alyssa!" I heard someone call. I started whimpering on the floor.

"Alyssa! Are you in here? I heard a noise and I wanted t-" the person stopped talking and rushed to my side. "Guys, I found her." He yelled. I flinched because he was right next to my ear.

I was suddenly picked up. Things started to become fuzzy and so were the voices. They started draining out and blackness started to take over.

When She Wakes Up

I woke up in a bed. Last time I checked I was on the floor. My eyes wouldn't open. It's like they were closed shut.

I heard voices. It sounded deep and firm. And I heard another voice. The second one sounded familiar.

When I could finally get my eyes open I saw a doctor and Louis talking. Did I mention I'm scared of hospitals??

My gaze was on the Doctor and never left. My heart started to quicken which caused the monitor to start beeping. They both looked my way and ran towards me.

They were trying to calm me down but I just screamed because he was so close. I had my eyes shut and I had my arms wrapped around my legs with my head in between them.

The doctor left the room to get nurses to calm me down and after he left I was still screaming till Louis said he left the room. And my heart started to go calm again but it was still at a quick beat.

"Hey baby, how you feeling?" Louis asks while rubbing small circles on my cheek. I don't say anything. I just look around the room.

The room had plain white walls with pictures about health and care. The floor was a white tile. There was a small corner bathroom. And two couches on the wall next to it that were green and white. With a matching chair next to the bed.

He sighed before he sat on the bed. He just stared at me intently until the door opened and the doctor came back in a with 2 nurses.

My heart started to quicken again. Louis grabbed my hand and rubbed circles on it. Why does he keep doing that?

The nurses walk over to me and I move to the opposite side away from them.

They give me a small smile. One of them lifts their hand up and I flinch.

I feel their hand on my forehead which still hurts. The hand is removed and they both move away before the doctor comes close to me.

My heart starts to quicken again.

I've never liked Doctors. Not even the ones who help pets. They let you down. They tell people what they have and then they say 'but....' It always ends bad if your in a hospital at all. Even for a broken arm.

All of my doctors lied to me. They said I had depression and anxiety and insomnia. I don't believe them. They can't tell me what's wrong with my body just by doing tests. I should know if I feel depressed or anxious.

He gives me a sympathetic smile and says "Hi Alyssa. I'm Dr. Martin. I have here that you apparently fell off your chair and hit your head on the floor." He says while flipping though a few pages before looking at me asking if it's correct.

I scoot away from him and look at Louis. He silently tells me to answer him or there will be consequences. I just nod my head not trusting my voice.

"Okay well. We ran some tests." He says and flips to another page. Here we go. "Have you been feeling depressed? Lonely? Or unwanted? Have you been hyperventilating? Not being able to sleep? Fatigued?" He goes on and on with questions similar to those.

I look at him before shaking my head no. He looks at Louis before looking back at me. "Are you sure. Because I ran some tests and it seems to me you have depression, anxiety, insomnia, and maybe even a little of schizophrenia.

I can feel Louis's eyes on me. I don't say anything. Then I hear something in my head. "The doctors right. There are things wrong with you." "Your a worthless piece of junk that doesn't deserve to live. Louis agrees." The voices said.

I looked away from both of them. Maybe their right. Louis probably thinks that I'm crazy and mental, stupid and unhealthy. A total freak show.

Maybe that's why everyone didn't like me at the orphanage. Because I was ugly and crazy and had many bad times in my life. Why can't I just be normal??

I looked up to see Louis and Dr. Martin outside the room talking.

I laid down in the bed that was uncomfortable and tried to ease my headache. Trying not to hear the voices in my head.

Soon enough Louis walked back into the room. I kept my gaze on the wall as he sat in the chair next to my bed.

"I told the doctor to get the pills." He says. I turn over so I can't see his face. "See, he does think your crazy." He sighs.

He turns me over to face him. "It's for the best Alyssa." He says. "So you think I'm crazy?" I ask him. "It'll help you. That's what it's made for. I just want you to get better."

So he does think I'm crazy. That's very disappointing.

VOTE
COMMENT
Share w/ Friends