Chapter 41

I look through dresses with Caroline. She says she's looking for a dress for something called homecoming at her school.

I really have no idea but I'm just gonna help her look. The boys are outside talking about who knows what. The other girls are at a different store.

I groan as Caroline sends me back to get another dress. This is tenth dress she has made me go get. My leg hurts from all this walking back and forth.

I grab a dress I think she will like and walk back to the dressing rooms. I hand it to her and wait then hear my name called. I look around and see Blake as well as Jackson walking towards me.

"Come on. The boys are back home and it's getting late." Jackson says and I nod. Chloe comes into the dressing room and tells Caroline that she will help her since I'm leaving.

I say bye to them then walk out the store with Blake and Jackson. I hug Arizona, Jace and Zac.

Blake, Jackson and I walk out of the mall and walk back to the house.

I start limping and I think they know I am but don't want to say something about it. Just as I finish that thought Jackson puts my arm over his shoulder and helps me walk.

He has to bend down since I'm only a little more than half his height. After a few minutes and squats down in front of me and I get onto his back. He stands up all the way and sighs in relief then starts walking again.

I smile lightly and look at Blake in front of us.

"So how do you feel about Arizona?" I ask Jackson as I sit myself up on his back a little more.

He doesn't say anything for a good minute.

"She's nice." He says and I hit his shoulder.

"Come on Jackson. Tell me. I'm not gonna tell anyone." I whine and move a little on his back.

"I like her okay?" He chuckles. "That's it." He adds and I sigh.

"Fine. But I'm gonna find out." I tell him and he laughs. "You probably will but I will let you try to figure it out on your own." He says smiling.

I smile back as we reach the front porch. Blake was already inside. Jackson walks in and he sets me down and I was attacked with a body.

I giggle and look up to see Niall. I hug him back giggling.

"Group hug!" Harry yells then four more bodies slam into mine and we fall to the floor.

I hear three groans then someone says "Is Alyssa okay?" We all laugh and I respond.

"Yes I'm fine. You guys broke my fall. Thanks for that by the way." I giggle.

They all get up and Zayn helps me off the floor. We go sit on the couch. The twins say bye and go to their house. Louis turns the TV on and I look at them as they watch the TV.

"So where did you guys go?" I ask seeming that no one wants to tell me.

"We just had a meeting with our manager. That's all." Liam says shrugging.

I look to him. "Which was about? Don't I deserve to know? It probably has to do with me as well." I break my gaze from him to the rest of them.

"Just some concerts we have to perform at and some photo sessions we have to do." Louis chirps up.

I nod slightly and get up going into the kitchen. They aren't telling me everything but I'm sure they will in due time.

I grab a water from the fridge and take a sip. The doorbell rings and Niall gets up to answer it. Meghan walks in with some bags and sets them down by the door before she goes over to Louis sitting on his lap.

I sigh and take another sip of my water then go to the cabinet looking for a snack.

I hear footsteps and look to see Niall coming into the kitchen. He smiles lightly at me and I nod back. I grab a bag of chips.

"Are they together?" I ask Niall as I go sit at the counter. He looks at me then back to them in the living room before looking at me again.

He shrugs. "Can't tell. Seems like it. Probably." He says and I nod slowly as I eat a chip.

"Does it bother you?" He asks as he walks over to me I shrug in response.

"I don't know. I shouldn't really care. But I like the idea of just me and him. Father and adopted daughter." I say and look at Niall. Niall nods understanding what I mean.

"If it bothers you, just talk to him about it. He does everything for you." He says and kisses my head then walks back into the kitchen. Maybe I should talk about it with Louis. Lets just see how this goes.