Chapter 43

"I wonder if I move that down then maybe the bird would look better." I say to myself quietly as I erase then mark a line on my paper. "Hmm..."

I erase the beak then redraw it making it look more rounded at the top. I stop and look at it then tilt my head to the side as I get a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say as I erase again.

I don't look up as I redraw the beak for the fifth time in five minutes. I tilt my head to the side again then smile when I get it to look right.

"What are you drawing?" I hear Louis voice from behind me say. I look up at him.

"A bird on a tree. But it isn't coming out very well." I say then look back down at it. He nods slowly.

"Oh. Well it looks nice. I have no artistic ability so I cannot say anything." I giggle and smile lightly then shrug.

"Is there something you wanted?" I ask turning in my chair. I look at him raising an eyebrow.

"Well... I uh.. I wanted to talk to you but it can wait." He says as he rubs the back of his neck.

"You can tell me now." I say quietly as I look at him. He nods then goes to my bed and sits down. I get up and sit next to him on my bed.

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" I ask worried. He chuckles lightly making me smile seeing as I'm not.

"No it's anything but that." He smiles and looks at me.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me to him. I smile. "It's about Meghan and I." He says rubbing my shoulder.

I sigh internally knowing that Niall told him something. How else could he know.

"I just wanted to know if you would be okay if things with her progressed." He says.

I look up at him. Okay so he doesn't know. "What do you mean by progressed?" I ask confused.

"You know.... Dating leads to engagement and engagement leads to marriage." I back away from him.

"You want to marry her?" I say getting upset.

"Well maybe in the future. I just want to know how you feel about it. Meghan said she would love for you guys to be closer. Maybe even mother and daughter." He says looking at a little shocked and confused.

I shake my head. "I already have a mom. I don't want or need a new mom." I say fully upset.

Louis stares at me. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it after.

I sigh and get up going out of the room. I go into Zayn's room. I sit on his bed patiently seeing as he is in his bathroom.

He comes out after a few minutes. He sees me and sits next to me. "Whats wrong? What happened?" he asks softly.

"Louis wants Meghan to be my new mom. He asks me if it's okay to marry her but he doesn't ask me if it's okay to date her. I don't want another mom. He said that she wants to be my mom. Meaning that he talked to her first."

He wraps his arm around me looking at me. "Have you tried getting to know her? And I think Louis wants you to have an actual women, mother like figure in your life. He just wants the best for you." He says rubbing my shoulder.

"I don't even think she likes me. And he has been hanging out with her a lot recently. But if it makes him happy then I will go along with it." I say as I stand up going over to the door.

"Alyssa... you need to do what's best for you. Tell him straight." He says. I stop and turn back looking at him. I play with fingers a little.

"He's done so much for me. The least I could do is let him be happy." I say and leave his room knowing he was going to say something else.

I go look for Louis. I see him downstairs talking to Meghan.

"I thought she would have been happy about it. She wouldn't be surrounded by five guys all the time. And she could have a mother again." he says to her sighing.

He rubs his face with his hands as Meghan rubs his back.

I see her look up to the staircase and she sees me. I look at her and she stares back then motions to Louis with her eyes.

I sigh to myself then go down the stairs. I walk over to him when I'm at the bottom.

"Lou can I talk to you? Again?" I smile lightly then he looks up at me nodding.

"Yeah yeah." He nods getting up. We walk into the kitchen and he sits on a stool at the island.

"I thought it over more about what you said and.." I stop as he starts talking "Alyssa you don't have to worry about it. It was too fast to begin with." He says

I look at him for a moment. "No no. It would be okay with me. It's just hard thinking about getting a new mother. You can marry her or engage her or whatever." I say forcing a slight smile.

He stares at me in a little shock. "Are you serious?" He asks. I nod slowly and he gets up smiling wide. He hugs me swinging me around then he puts me down and runs into the living room over to Meghan.

"She's okay with it!" He yells and picks her up spinning her around. I watch from the kitchen doorway smiling a little as he's very excited.

"We are going out to celebrate." He says loudly then texts the rest of the guys the good news and that we are going out.

"We will leave for 5." Louis says out loud smiling wide.

I smile lightly at him then walk past them going upstairs into my room.

I walk into my room and shut the door behind me. I sit back down at my table and look at my drawing.

I grab the paper and crumble it and throw it away. I grab another sheet and stare at it as I think about what to do with it.

I start to draw a face focusing a lot on the detail of her face. As I'm fixing her nose, Zayn, Harry, Niall and Liam walk into my room without knocking.

They sit on my bed. I can feel their eyes on me as I fix the nose then move to the eyes.

"What?" I say not liking the silence.

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Niall says. "Zayn told us what happened." he adds.

I sigh "It's nothing plus it makes him happy." I say as I erase something.

"But it is Alyssa.... This was a big decision for Louis and for you." Liam says. "You need to put a lot of consideration into it. It is supposed to make you happy as well. He only wants what is best for." Harry chimes in.

"I'm happy for him. She makes him happy. He's my dad, I want him to be happy." I say stopping turning around.

"I can't have this conversation with you anymore Alyssa. You're not listening and this is gonna lead to a disaster." Zayn says getting up and walking out.

I sigh as I watch him leave then look to Harry, Niall and Liam who don't say anything. Great.