|2|

Chase Dawn^

Chase

Something just made me not want to go to school today. Like something was going to change for the good, despite my hatred for changes. That thought alone made me seriously consider staying in my bed. But if course, my door was literally about to be knocked down by the sounds of it.

"Are you coming dude?" A familiar voice sounded through the door. I grunted in response as I made my way to open my door. Living in the pack house wasn't my cup of tea for privacy.

Hunter was eyeing me once the door was wide open. I grunted again earning a chuckle from my friend as we both completely went inside my room again.

"What did I do to get on your bad side today?" He asked as I put on a random shirt I just grabbed.

"My wolf is just bothering me. It's making me..." I hesitated. "anxious. That worries me." I finished looking in the mirror to see if this actually worked. I was wearing black jeans with a red shirt. Mentally shrugging I went inside my bathroom grabbing my toothbrush.

"Maybe something different is happening, like the lunch menu, or you might meet your mate. Who's birthday did they say it would be today...?" Hunter tried to bring the name to mind but I dismissed it. Nobody really listened to that anyway. Nobody really cared.

"Well if we don't leave your Alpha dad here will be mad. Hurry up." Hunter lectured. I rolled my eyes and spit out the minty toothpaste that was in my mouth. After swishing water around and spitting it out I grabbed my shoes and put them on, followed by swinging my bag over my shoulder.

I did not want to find out who my mate was, that was for sure.

When I walked in school nothing really changed. That is until something felt different. The smell was wafted towards me instantly, which caused me to stop with eyes wide in fear. Who does this wonderful scent belong to? It was just plain vanilla, different.

A girl that was sitting at a table turned, locking eyes with me. I immediately recognized her as a nobody, to which my heart sank, despite the rapid thumping it fooled otherwise. She was most likely going to try to change me to fit to her liking, and I wasn't having any of that.

I stormed over to her and grabbed her by the arm. The electricity radiating off of where our skin touched made me want to just grab her head and pull her face to mine, but I took control over my wolf.

I pulled her up after telling her I needed to talk to her, and only then when we were in an abandoned hallway I stopped and turned in front of her. What was her name anyway? She looked at me confused.

"You aren't my mate." I hissed. She looked taken back, but that didn't stop me.

"Just pretend nothing happened and leave it at that. This isn't for us." I motioned between our bodies, but I so badly felt the need to touch her. Instead of letting my wolf take over I put my hand beside me, and her eyes followed.

Why was I acting like this? What if she wasn't bad? No, Chase snap out of it! You are badass and you don't need some nobody to try and change that. That will just bring down your reputation.

"But we are-" she started but I put my hand over her mouth to stop her from saying it. The touch sent shivers down my spine, but I didn't let it affect me. I heard a gasp escape her lips from the mere touch.

"We aren't mates." I hissed again in a more demanding tone. Her face scrunched up in sadness, I could tell. I knew she wanted somebody who would cuddle and kiss her, but that wasn't what she got. I can't love, and I never will. I'm mean, and ruthless. Not some softy like Drew turned to be. Wait, wasn't Drew's mate this girls friend?

Her hand pulled mine off her mouth and she glared daggers at me.

"You are my mate. And as much as I don't want you to be it doesn't mean it will just go away." She pursed her lips, almost making my legs stagger.

"I said no!" I growled, slamming my fists on the lockers beside her head. She gasped afraid and my wolf scolded me for it, trying to crawl out of my control to caress her, or possibly more. I swallowed hard, scolding myself for purposely scaring her. But that went away when she glared at me again and pushed my chest, sending me back a little

"Just because you say we aren't mates it doesn't change the fact that we are. It will catch up to you sooner or later." She said while pointing her finger at my chest. Then she turned on her heels of her feet, whipping me with her hair as she stormed off back to where the students waited for first bell.

I mentally cussed myself for thinking things about her that weren't appropriate after seeing her furious side.

Cassandra Matthews.

The name just popped up. I did know it, I just didn't care enough for her to remember it. But for some reason I did now, but I dismissed that as mate connections.

Cassandra

I ignored my friends until it was lunch. They seemed worried like Chase did something to hurt me, but they didn't know it was more than bullying. He was basically rejecting me as a mate, and that makes my wolf whimper.

"What is wrong? He didn't damper your special birthday did he? Ugh I swear once I get to Drew I will tell him to-" Mandy started but Ameth shushed her.

"No, he didn't. It's just- he..." I sighed, not wanting to say it out loud. The scene ran through my mind the whole day up until this point.

"You're mates." Ameth whispered suddenly. Mandy gasped and I closed my eyes nodding. "That motha-trucka better not have rejected you." She warned, squeezing the juice out of her orange in her clenching fist.

"He didn't say the words of rejection. He just simply told me we weren't mates, like he wanted to convince the idea into my head." I was choking on my own words, about to sob. When you hear romance stories from all over your pack, you crave the one true love the moon goddess has chosen for you, because that love is to be unbreakable. And here I got a hot-headed stubborn jerk.

"You better not ruin that makeup! I specially did that for you!" Ameth warned. But it was too late. The tears were rolling down my flushed cheeks followed with sniffles keeping back a furious sob. Mandy rubbed my back and hugged me. Everything was just terrible. I thought I was smoking hot, going to get my mate. Except it wasn't what I expected.

I was hoping for a hug, a passionate kiss. Both unreasonable for just meeting, but something other than that!

I heard Mandy gasp and perk up beside me. I wiped my cheeks off and looked over at her mischievous expression.

"You can't let him get by with not having a mate. He'll need a Luna when he gets the Alpha title, and you need a mate to take care if you." Mandy started. I gave her a look to encourage her to continue. "If he doesn't think you're his mate why not test it? It will be fuuun." She declared. A smile tugged in the corners of my mouth. I looked over at Ameth who also nodding, pleased with the idea.

"Let's get him." I answered, smiling at the idea.

Watch out Chase Dawn, because you're in for a treat.

•••

Basically a filler to start this whole mess of their journey.