|47|

"Chaaaase." I whined from the bed while he ignored my pestering from his desk where he was working on something I wasn't aloud to see.

"Chasssssssse." I continued, squirming under the covers.

"CHAAASSEEE!"

"What?!" He asked, snapping his head towards me.

"Can you get me some chocolate fudge ice cream?" I pouted my lip out with wide doe eyes, hoping he would fall for the cuteness overload.

"No." He turned his head back to his work and I groaned.

"Chaaaasse pleeeeeease."

"Cassandra, this is important."

"And so is my chocolate fudge ice cream! A woman in need of chocolate fudge ice cream is a woman in desperate need of relief!"

"Relief, huh?" He gave me a smirk and I groaned again.

"Stop turning things into innuendos."

"Can't help it. My friends and I would always find fun in that." His voice trailed off. Things were different now. We didn't go to school anymore, since it was pointless for us anyways with all this drama. It seems like we were different people than before. I'm more mature, and Chase isn't a douche (well maybe he still is but not in a bitchy way).

"Come here." I held my arms out and he narrowed his eyes before finally jumping on the bed next to me. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he pulled me closer. We laid in silence looking at each other's face. One of his hands found its way to my face and started tracing my cheek with one finger.

"I miss when things weren't difficult and scary. I could've lived fine keeping my past a secret. Wouldn't bother me I guess." I shrugged somehow.

"If we went back to the past would you miss the future? Would you miss this?" Chase asked and I nodded.

"I want how stress free the past was, but I want the present to be the same." Chase didn't reply, but instead placed a kiss on my forehead, where his lips lingered for a bit. I closed my eyes to revel in the silence.

"We're going to have a wedding." My eyes shot open.

"What?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"Yeah. This isn't properly how events would go for a marriage, but I just decided that we need to be married so that Lucifer wouldn't be able to do that and break our bond."

"Shouldn't marriage be out of love? Not protection of love?"

"I do love you. That's why I don't want Lucifer to take you away for himself."

"Alright. When are we doing this?"

"Maybe after the baby. Speaking of that, I know you want to keep the child, but you're only 17. I don't know if we as mates are ready to be full time parents."

"I don't know. I'll think about it."

"Okay."

"Kiss?" Chase mimicked my pout and I rolled my eyes.

"Not until I get my chocolate fudge ice cream." I rolled to face the opposite side of him and he groaned.

"Casssssyyy." He whined. "Pleeeasee." When I didn't answer I felt his hand on my waist and move to my stomach. His breathing was right by my ear, and I resisted the urge to squirm.

"A kiss from my maiden?" I bit my lip. "A no even after I've saved you multiple times?" I felt a bite on my ear, and I squealed.

"Never!" I breathed, whacking Chase away. He laughed and I broke out into a grin. I haven't heard his laugh in while.

"Fine. I'll be back with your ice cream."

"Yes!"

"Shhh, princess. " he pressed his finger to my lips, and for some reason I couldn't scream.

"Our blood bond is complete." His head tilted and a grin broke out. "No more alpha in our way." He chuckled darkly. There was a burning on my mark, like it was sizzling away, followed with intense lower abdomen pain.

"Can you feel that? It's your mate bond breaking apart. Once that's gone you can finally let that mutt go." He seethed from the darkness surrounding me. I sobbed quietly, not able to cry out.

"You're my princess, and I'm your King." His raspy voice whispered in my ear. I held back a scream that wasn't able to come out with silent tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Now we'll be second to rule Hell! The power! " he chortled, and I could finally let out a blood curdling scream, but his maniac laughs never quieted.

"Cassandra! Calm down, it's Chase, you're fine. You're here with me now." Strong arms rocked me back and forth. I sobbed and clutched Chase's shirt while he hugged me tight and rubbed my back.

"You need to relax, babe. Take it easy, you're 3 weeks pregnant."

"Because of the man that causes my nightmares!" I yelled, and Chase shushed me.

"We have rooms next to ours, calm down. You're safe with me." I quietly calmed down and sniffed.

"Sorry, I was panicking." I rubbed my eyes and laid my head on Chase's chest with his arm hugging me closer.

"It wasn't your fault."

I was about to fall asleep in his arms, until a bone chilling scream echoed from outside the pack house. Chase was alert instantly, picking me up bridal style and running us out through a secret passage to the basement.

"I can walk for fu-"

"Cassandra, not now." Chase interrupted, basically flying down the stairs. We made it into the basement and in the cellar that was hidden. It was already packed, with crying children and worried mothers and wives while the husbands or father's tried to calm everyone down.

"Cassandra, you will stay at my side all damn night, you hear?" Chase asked me, gripping my face between his hands. I nodded, trying to get that scream out of my head that seemed to want to replay itself. I've never heard a scream so... so tortuous, but at the same time so similar from somewhere.

"Chase!" Hunter came over. "Alpha wants you to lead a search around pack boundaries."

"No." Chase's simple answer was.

"Alpha's orders." Hunter pressed on, and I started to tremble. After my night full of nightmares, and a scream sounding so similar from somewhere, I couldn't seem to stop thinking this over. The two were arguing about Chase fulfilling Alpha orders, while I desperately tried to connect everything.

"Ch-chase." My voice was small. He kept arguing, and I locked eyes with him. "Chase." Still arguing. "Chase, God damnit!" I screamed, gathering attention from around us.

"What, Cassandra?" He looked at me, his eyes black.

"Th-that scream." I started.

"What about it?"

"That's my scream."

•••

MY SCHOOL DANCE IS FRIDAY I'M EXCITED/NERVOUS