|4|

Mandy Ross ^

As I watched Chase's anger unfold I mentally laughed in his face. Why was he confronting me about this? Did he already give up? I mean, Palmer just asked me on a date, not relationship status worthy yet. How did he even find out already anyway?

"If you don't care about me, your mate, then why do you care if I date someone else? You didn't want anything to do with me in the first place..." I stated. His jaw clenched along with his fists that were at his sides. Students walked fast past us to get on the bus or in their cars. They didn't want to be caught eavesdropping by Chase. 

"Do you not understand werewolves? I don't control this jealousy towards you and another man, my wolf does." He said through gritted teeth. 

"So you're jealous." I smirked at him as he grunted in frustration. 

"Look, just stay away from him, alright?" He ordered. 

"We'll see." I answered, turning on my heels as my hair whipped his face. This felt good, having control over someone's feelings, but I wanted him to want me, not feel a need for me.

"You look great!" Mandy squealed clapping her hands. I laughed, twirling as I looked in the mirror. Ameth sighed at me as she caught hold of my forearm and stopped me.

"Don't ruin your hair yet." She scolded. We just finished my hair, so I could see why she would get angry. 

"Sorry."

The doorbell rang, causing Mandy to squeal again and follow Ameth and me down the stairs. 

"Have fun." She whispered before I opened the door. They were hiding so they could be close enough to hear. 

"You look great." He grinned as I blushed. 

"Thanks." I fixed my skirt that had rode up too far on my butt as I walked down the driveway and into his car. Truth is, I hated having my hair and makeup done, and wearing skirts.

"Nice car." I complimented. 

"Thanks, it was a hand-me-down." He dismissed. This was a little awkward, but I had to change that, and fast.

His house was huge, and I mean it. 

I met his mom who was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner before we made it to his room, which was a big disaster. Who takes the girl to meet the mom on the literal first date?

"Sorry about that. She gets excited when she sees a girl enter the house with me." Palmer laughed and sat next to me on one of his chairs. 

"It's fine, she was nice." I don't know why he was apologizing because she was super sweet, I was just nervous and awkward.

"She'll probably be ecstatic when your mate walks in with you." I smiled. 

"She knows I don't want a mate, and she doesn't know if I'll ever cave to having one so this gets her excited." Palmer explained. I nodded in understanding. 

"I hope you'll find someone who you'll love." I whispered. 

"I don't know." He replied quietly. 

"Why's that?"

"I can't love." He looked at me with a pleading look as if he wanted me to end it now. I did in a different way, not exactly ready to allow him to spill his heart out. This was faster than I was hoping to take it. I wasn't ready to exactly allow him to open up.

I got up from the chair and leaned down to Palmer who was still sitting. I placed my mouth on his,  locking in a demanding kiss. 

I ended up on his lap with my arms around his neck. His hands were at my sides, moving around. It was a perfect moment, until he ended it.