|17|

"What's that?" I pretended to not know about the black box he held in his hands. He narrowed his eyes at me, but kept his distance across the room.

"Don't play dumb with me, Cassandra. You for one should know as hell what this is!" He lectured. I bit my bottom lip to stop it from trembling. I deserve to be yelled at, despite my hate for that.

"I didn't open it." I whispered.

"I can see that." He said boldly, clearly annoyed with me. I stared ahead blankly, thinking this over. Did I really want to open the box? Did I really want to know what I'm getting myself into again?

"Don't open it." I whispered.

"Huh?" He asked. I looked over to him.

"I said don't open it. Clear as can be." I rose an eyebrow, daring him to argue.

"I think we should know what the threat could be. I mean lets be reasonable here. We need to know what Xander is threatening us with." Chase reasoned but I shook my head.

"This isn't up for debate." I declared, laying back down and facing the opposite wall from him. I heard an annoyed sigh behind me, but I ignored it.

I listened to Chase moving around the room, then watched him get in bed beside me, but not too close. The light was turned off and then I eventually fell asleep.

"So when are you two going to mate?" Mandy asked like it was a casual question. She leaned over to put her short blonde hair into a small ponytail. I stopped to wait with her. We were making our way to training outside the pack house. Rogues were getting more threatening towards us.

I fixed my tight black tank top and checked to see if there was fuzz on my leggings.

"We just started to become a normal mate couple." I reasoned. Mandy laughed and stood back straight. I walked with her again to the mats.

"Wanna duel?" I asked Mandy. She shrugged but nodded and stood on the opposite side of the mat from me. I listened to the yells and cheers around us from the other pack members fighting.

"Start." Mandy declared. I stood in my fighting trance, ready for her attack. She usually attacked first, giving me the knowledge to defend.

And she lunged at me, aiming for my left shoulder where I had been previously weakened from an actual fight. Of course she knew were to go. I wiggled her off and brought my leg to her side, earning a whimper from her. I rose my leg again to kick her stomach, but Mandy grabbed my ankle and twisted it, making me fall.

We continued to fight for what felt like forever, but it ended with a win on my side.

"As much as I love to watch you fight I can't help but point out mistakes." Chase said from behind me. Of course there had to be an audience.

Drew was at his side, but Hunter was missing. He was always gone somewhere. I watched Drew eye Mandy who brought herself up from the ground. She was only wearing a sports bra and spandex. Leave it to Mandy to dress to impress her mate even if she's working out.

"Why does Drew let Mandy dress like that but you barely let me wear a tank top and leggings?" I asked, crossing my arms while ignoring what he said. He rolled his eyes, but surprised me by pulling me against his chest from my waist.

"Because you're so irresistible I know other men will want you." Chase whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my skin.

"You know I can hear you." Mandy scowled. "Am I not irresistible Chase?" She pouted, but was totally kidding. She knew it was just because I was his mate, but that didn't stop a growl coming from Drew. He pulled Mandy to him while murmuring "mine."

I sighed and pulled out of Chase's hold. We weren't exactly that romantic yet, but could you blame us? From our rough start of hatred this relationship wouldn't continue and not be awkward at least once.

"Can I fight you?" I heard an oh so familiar voice aaked behind me. I turned to face none other than June. Ugh, what was she trying to prove?

"No." I said. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I wasn't talking to you." She hissed, then looked past me. "I was asking Chase." She finished with a smirk.

"No." I said again. Her eyes darted to mine and the smirk was replaced with a scowl.

"Again, wasn't talking to you." She hissed again.

"But I was talking to you. And I believe I said no." I crossed my arms and copied her sassy stance, hips poked out. She scoffed then looked past me to Chase.

"So do you want to train?" She asked again, ignoring my presence.

"I said no." I said through gritted teeth.

"Who do you think you are?" She asked.

"Your future Luna. You?" I stepped forward.

"Your future Luna." She finished with a smirk. That's it!

I lunged at the 'know it all bitch', tackling her to the ground. I had the advantage being on top of her now.

I pinned down her arms with my knees and punched the living shit out of her.

"He's mine!" I roared. Except I wasn't in control anymore, my wolf was.

June managed to push me off, but not leaving without a bloody face. She stormed out of the training grounds, trying to not cry out in pain. I looked down at my bloody knuckles.

"Oh my god." I heard Mandy gasp. I turned but then I realized what she was surprised for. It wasn't that I just punched the living shit out of June's precious face, my hair that was falling from my ponytail was pitch black. I know it could just be a mistake from my dark brunette hair, but it wasn't. You could tell it was pure charcoal black, just like my wolf's fur coat was.

I gasped and grabbed my hair in my hands. Chase's mouth was wide open.

"Cassandra?" Mandy asked, scared.

"I-I don't know how this happened! I swear I'm not practicing magicks!" I defended. Chase closed his mouth, then walked to me with a proud smirk, pulling me into his arms.

"You're hot when you're jealous." Chase laughed.

"What about my hair?" I squealed, scared my brunette locks were forever gone.

"I think it's like the eyes thing werewolves have showing their wolf is out, but for you your hair changes with your eyes. I don't know why though. It's not something I've heard of." Chase explained his theory.

"I want my hair back!" I squealed. Chase chuckled.

"It will I'm sure."

"We'll I'm taking you up on that outcome." I said pulling away then striding back to the pack house.

"I need to go take a shower." I declared. I heard a growl from behind me, but I knew it was Chase thinking of my shower. Lustful boy...

I opened the door to my room, but then I let out a loud scream.

•••