|55|

"You're living at the BORDER?!" Ameth screamed at me, causing me to cringe and plug my ears. Stupid advanced werewolf hearing.

"Amethyst, my baby is right there! But yeah, what's the problem with living at the border?" I asked.

"Oh sorry, I don't know, maybe the fact that rogues lurk there." She crossed her arms across her chest and gave me a stern look.

"Look Ameth, I know you have motherly instincts over me, but you have to trust Chase. He'll protect us, plus I have these powers that other werewolves don't that make me the ultimate werewolf-" I stopped gloating when I saw Ameth's deadpanned expression and dropped my hands back on the towels I was packing. "Okay, sorry got a little sidetracked there, but my point is, is that we're not a regular werewolf mated couple. We're strong and can take things on, just like we proved over the past year."

"I know you're strong, I wouldn't doubt that for a second, it's just that I worry for your health. You haven't had a breather from all this crap life has thrown at you, and I know this will be the perfect setting for you both to have that. I'm just worried it isn't over and that you'll get surprise attacked."

"Ameth, it is over. And if it isn't I'll just go Dark Wolf on everyone and make hell sure it is." Ameth rose an eyebrow at my and I held my hand sup in mock surrender.

"Just don't get too relaxed yet."

"Yeah yeah, so tell me what's up with you and Hunter?"

"Oh, let me tell you the sex is amazing." I crinkled my nose in discomfort at the topic causing her to laugh hysterically. "Okay, fine I'll talk about something else, but he's adjusting perfectly to an actual relationship. He doesn't look twice at another shewolf, takes my input into consideration, stuff like that." She shrugged and folded the comforter out. Chase and I were leaving tonight into the house and we had to leave the furniture that was supplied by the pack house.

"Good, otherwise I'd have to take my Dark Wolf side out on him." Ameth rolled her eyes at me.

"Shut up, you know you'd only bring that out if you were in danger. You're too scared you'll lose control again."

"Yeah yeah, shut it before I make you."

"Ooh, when's Mandy coming over?" She perked up.

"Earlier than you and Hunter. They want to beat the rush hour in traffic. Mandy has a hard time in long car rides while she's pregnant for some reason. I think it's the thought of a long painful drive to a pack hospital while going into labor and she just panics thinking about it."

"Strange, but I get it. You think you'll have rooms done by then?"

"Yep, we're planning on unpacking until it's all done. We can't stand waiting like other people can."

"Well I'm excited."

"Hey, are you done yet?" Chase asked, popping up at the door.

"Yeah, I'll trade this box for Faye?" I offered and he nodded, handing over our baby and taking the box off the bed. We had a talk about how he shouldn't feel like Faye wasn't his, because Faye was in fact his daughter now. Just because it wasn't his DNA it didn't make him any less available to be a father for Faye. I refused to think of Lucifer actually being her father, because he wasn't at all. What he just wants from Faye was for her to take his place in Hell's duty rather than being a father figure, and I'd be damned for that to happen.

"I'll go change her diaper and then Ameth can you take the last box to the truck?" I asked and she complied, leaving the room. I set Faye down on the changing blanket with a clean diaper, taking off her "used" one.

"We're finally going to live as an actual family, Faye." I smiled at her as she threw her tiny arms about, making gargle noises. "And you'll grow up feeling safe, and you won't have to know of Lucifer ever being your sperm donor." Her hand wrapped itself around my thumb as she squealed with her bright eyes. I hoped they wouldn't remind me of Lucifer ever, because they were a beautiful feature of hers.

"Ready?" Chase asked walking back through the door. I nodded and lifted Faye to rest on ny hip. Chase grabbed the blanket and disposed of the diaper on the way to the moving truck. We buckled Faye into the car seat inside our car and got in, following the moving truck all way to our new house.

"Finally, everything's unpacked and ready to be lived in." I sighed and fell on the couch, sprawling my body out.

"You know, we haven't actually got some time for ourselves yet." Chase remarked.

"You're right, we haven't." I replied dumbfounded.

"And you know," Chase stalked closer. "We haven't got to experience normal mate activities." He smirked at me as I sat up and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um?" I asked confused.

"Stand up." He ignored my confusion, but I stood anyway. He grabbed my hands and pulled me flush against him, holding my waist tight. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as he looked down at me. How could he make me so shy in less than a second by just looking at me?

Chase brushed strands of my wild hair back behind my ear and rested his hand on my cheek. I leaned in and connected my lips to his in a kiss, holding onto this relaxing yet exciting feeling it gave me.

He gripped my waist tighter as the kiss deepened into something more, and he pushed me up against the wall. My hands traveled to his soft hair while his went lower on my body. This was as far as it ever went with him, and I couldn't take it anymore. I needed Chase more than anything right now.

He broke away and looked at me with dark eyes.

"Can we take this to the bedroom?" His husky voice asked.

"The baby-"

"Is asleep." He finished my sentence with a smirk. I smiled and bit my swollen lip. He took that as my answer and swooped me up, causing me to squeal in surprise.

"I'm starting to wonder if this was a match made in Heaven or Hell." I smirked at him and he grinned.

"You'll have your answer after tonight."

•••

T H E   E N D

Thanks for the ride folks! I hope you had an amazing time reading and enjoying this book as much as I loved writing it! It was a long process and probably is confusing with a lot of back and forth things, but as I was writing this book I was growing in my writing and still am!

Thank you to all my readers and voters and commenters! I love you guys so much, you guys motivate me and make me feel like you enjoy what I'm doing and I can keep doing it.

I have two other werewolf books including;

Matenapped

&

Blood Rose

So if you're looking for slightly more high quality of my writing I'd go to Blood Rose because that's what I'm currently working on but if you want something that's completed and don't mind many mistakes then check out Matenapped! 

Thank you so much! Love you lots (LOL, right? ;))