|14|

I felt a hand grab my forearm, sending sparks all throughout my body, but that wouldn't distract me.

"What do you want!" I yelled in his face.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know what to do when she asked me-"

"So you just decided to reject that thought of me being your mate to another girl who wanted to fuck you." I answered for him. "So that you could continue the same lifestyle you were playing around with before you found me, your mate." He stayed silent, still looking me in the eye.

"So that you wouldn't have to deal with the embarrassment I bring on you."

"No, Cassandra it isn't like that-"

"Then why is that how you act around other people with me being the subject? I'm sorry I'm a nobody to start with." I turned and started walk off again.

"I'm just not used to this!" He yelled after me. I stopped in my tracks and turned my head slightly.

"I don't even know why you saved me from Xander. He wanted me more than you do, so I guess that heroic act was just to show how manly you are. It was never about me." I turned back again and ran off before he could say anything.

Chase hasn't came back to his room after our fight earlier, and I'm thankful for that. Why did he even save me? I would've felt more wanted and loved if I stayed with Xander and obeyed him. But that's not even the love I wanted to feel. I wanted real love, from my mate.

Why are you thinking like that? I know he cares about you, Cassandra. My wolf said. I blocked her out to continue my fight in my head. What do I want?

I heard a commotion in the bedroom after I stepped out of the shower. I started to dry myself before the ground was soaking so that I wouldn't have a mess to clean. Yes, I'm lazy.

The door suddenly opened, causing me to instantly cover my body with the towel. I looked at Chase with wide eyes as he looked at my body that was mostly covered now, eyes black with lust.

"What the fuck, Chase! Get out!" I yelled at him. His eyes returned back to their green color, along with a pink tint on his cheeks, and mine did the same. He quickly recovered and left the bathroom. I sure hoped he didn't see anything.

After I had dried myself completely I realized I didn't bring my pajamas inside the bathroom with me. I'm used to being able to walk out of my bathroom into my bedroom naked with privacy, but now I'm screwed.

I clutched the towel that held up at my chest. The towel was too small to completely cover my chest, so this was a little embarrassing.

I could smell Chase in the bedroom still, so I cursed my bad memory to remind myself of bringing clothes in with me and walked out of the bathroom. Chase looked at me, expecting clothes but found me still in a towel.

I awkwardly walked across the room to my closet. I felt Chase's lustful eyes burn through my back as I searched for pajamas.

I sighed once I didn't find any clean ones. I turned around on my heels and found none other than Chase still watching me.

"I- I can't find any pajamas." I confessed, blushing. He got off the bed which was where he was working on homework and to his dresser. He pulled out a white shirt and a pair of briefs, holding them out to me. I slowly, and of course awkwardly, walked over and grabbed them. I examined the shirt.

"This will be see-through on me." I stated. He shrugged.

"And?" He asked nonchalantly. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm not wearing a see-through shirt to show off to you, especially after our fight." I stated, gripping the towel tighter. He rolled his eyes and snatched the white shirt from my hands, grabbing a dark, navy blue shirt instead. I smiled and took that, going back into the bathroom.

"Thanks." I said before closing the door.

The briefs were a little tight on my curvy hips and the shirt was hanging right off my chest, basically way big on me.

I walked out, suddenly pushed back in the room. Chase pushed me against the counter, raising his hand to stroke my cheek. His eyes were completely black again.

"I think I'd like the white shirt better." He whispered.

"Never in a million years."

"I can wait that long." I raised my eyebrows at him. "On second thought, I can't wait another second. Go change." I shook my head at him.

"So earlier today you are flirting with a blonde bimbo, but now all of a sudden you want me. You need to make up your mind." I whispered, teasing his lustful state. He growled lowly at me.

"I think I have." His voice was deep. "I can't take it when you're in my clothes." His lips whispered against my cheek. It sent a wave of pleasure down my spine.

I grabbed his head in my hands and began kissing him. The kiss deepened when he stuck his tongue in my mouth.

Chase grabbed one of my legs and put it around his waist. I did that to my other leg, giving him permission to hold my butt for support. This wasn't one of our other confused kissing sessions. This was real passion for once. At least I hoped it was real.

"Chase." I whispered while his kisses trailed down my jaw to my neck. His lips hovered over my mark, not long until he kissed it. The simple kiss sent pleasurable tingles throughout my body.

I was sent into hot sweat. A pain in my lower abdomen caused me to scream in agony. Chase stepped back and examined me with eyebrows furrowed. Then the scent hit him, making him panic. He quickly left the bathroom.

"Chase!" I screamed hopelessly. I slid down the counter to the floor in a ball filled with pain.

"What's happening!" I yelled out. Chase returned and picked me up in his arms. He brought me to the bed and sat me down next to him. I sobbed from the terrifying pain that this gave me. Chase had his arm around me, rubbing small circles on my back, reducing only a sliver of what I felt.

"You're in heat. It will end in the morning." He whispered. I sniffed and nodded, feeling a little tired.

"Go to sleep." I heard him whisper.

"Okay." I mumbled before being dragged into darkness.

•••