|35|

"She might be hurt from the contact, but nothing more than her cuts and bruises from her fight." My eyelids felt too heavy to lift.

"Then why is she so God damn pale?! Do something!"

"That is because of the training they possibly had her in. It took a toll on her body."

"Fix it!"

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down-" there was a slam somewhere near me, but I didn't even flinch. I was comfortable.

"I need my damn Mate healthy and happy, now if you can't do your job correctly I'll find someone who will!" His voice raised at the end. A sudden flicker of worry inflicted me. Where was I?

I slowly peeled my eyelids opening, having a hard time because of the brightness, and sat up. I looked around, my vision blurry but clearing, and stared confused at Chase pinning an older, scrawny man with a white coat against a light wall. They looked at me with wide eyes and shock, but I kept my expression blank.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice croaky. They both rushed over to my small, cheap bed, like what just happened never occurred.

"Home." Chase said with an instant smile.

"Well, you're actually in the pack doctor's office, but in your home territory now." Chase sent a glare at the man who fixed his glasses.

"How did I get here?" I asked curiously, remembering my fall.

"That doesn't matter right now, you're home and that is all." Chase said with a warm smile. He rose his hand to cup my cheek, and I let him, soaking in all of his warmth. My eyes fluttered shut at his warming touch that I felt so comforted in. I missed him.

Instead of wanting just his simple touch, I swung my legs off the bed and stood, almost falling. After recovering from that, I attacked Chase with a tight hug. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer as he inhaled my scent.

"I've missed you." My voice muffled in his chest.

"Same goes for you."

"I never want to let go."

"Me neither."

"Then let's just not let go." I suggested and he hummed in approval. Someone cleared their throat beside us.

"How about we finish things up here and then you can go back to 'never letting go'" We let each other go, but still stood close enough to touch.

"We'll finish up with simple health and body check ups before I can let you go to your house."

×××

Once Chase and I made it to our room in the pack house he attacked me in a hug, causing me to fall on the bed. He stayed on top of me, grinning like a child won a prize. His eyes scanned my face before he spoke.

"You're absolutely beautiful, even after you were in Hell."

"Hah. Hah." I humored him.

"You don't know how much school I missed because of you." He shook his head accusingly.

"Whoops?" I shrugged the best to my ability, even when he had my arms pinned.

"You're so cute." He leaned down and placed a ghost kiss on the tip of my nose. Then he moved to my left cheekbone and planted a simple kiss, then to my other cheekbone. I giggled, watching his handsome face the whole time.

"You're the cutie." I smiled and he chuckled.

"Yeah, I know that." I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

"Can I kiss you now, or are we going to continue this cheesy conversation?" He cocked his head to the side and rose and eyebrow. I pursed my lips.

"I don't know if I want you to kiss me." I lied terribly, but he smirked and leaned closer to my face.

"Really?" He pressed on and I giggled. I'm so girly right now.

"Really." I nodded.

"Hmmm. Well call me a thief now, so I can steal a kiss." He swooped down and captured my lips on his, moving already in perfect sync. We were made for each other after all.

I deepened the kiss by sitting up, so I can press myself on him. I moved my legs to wrap around his waist on the bed, getting impossibly closer. My hands went to his hair, and his just lingered on my back.

Even though I love simple pecks, I do love make out sessions.

×××

I was laying next to Chase on the bed, staring at him as he stared back. It was calming to know he was now at my side. A smile traced my lips, and his eyes followed my sudden movement in expression.

"Do you have ice cream here?" I asked and he rolled his eyes, supporting his head now with his arm.

"Can I not look at you longer?"

"No, I want ice cream." I rolled onto my back, my arms lazily laying in random ways.

"What's that?" Chase grabbed my right arm before I could prepare myself. I sat up since he had as he looked at the deep scar of the triangle the needle made.

"Just a thing they did for my powers. I don't remember." I shrugged. Chase finally looked at me with concern clear in his expression.

"Will it fade?"

"I don't think it ever will go away. It was very deeply cut." I grimaced at the flashback of the pain.

"What's that?!" Chase moved my hair from my neck, revealing the black triangle.

"That was a mark showing I had all my powers in ready to train. That won't go away either. It represents my abilities."

"Good thing it's on the other side, because if it was near my mark I would be pissed."

"I-"

"Nobody marks what's mine." Chase growled stubbornly picking me up and placing me in his lap. He caressed my hair, and I just let him do that. I was kidnapped and just returned, so I understand the possessiveness and protective instincts he was giving off.

"Can I have ice cream now?"

•••