|25|

Cassandra 

I've learned that with my development comes pain and suffering. And with that comes challenges, those are against my mental state and my choices. My body will change, not in shape, but in strength.

The truth is that I'm scared. No, I'm terrified. I don't want to hurt anybody, and I don't want to lose myself like I almost gave up in the woods with the rogues. I almost caved when it didn't even begin yet. How foolish am I?

I didn't even notice how long I've been staring at the wall in front of me until weight dipped the bed down beside me. I didn't need to take a glance to know it was Chase. He was watching me now, and tomorrow I started school again, developing some pain or not.

The pain comes first, then the mental battles.

Chase grabbed my hands, and that's when I understood why. They were trembling. I looked over at him and gave him an assuring smile which he returned.

"I know you're scared, Cassandra, but I also know you're strong enough to win. You can do this." I nodded to his words. "No matter how much pain and convincing you experience, you have to remember what you would give up if you gave in. Don't let them crumble your true self." He squeezed my hand and I squeezed back.

I laid down, giving my back to face him. He laid down beside me and turned off the light beside him.

I'm scared.

------

I sat up from the bed and heaved over in pain. My heart hammered against my chest and my head pounded. I shrieked as the pain came back in my abdomen, like a knife searing through my skin.

Chase sat up beside me on the bed and put his arm around me, rubbing my arm as tears fell from my eyes.

It hurt so damn much, and to think this was the first stage was disappointing. I wanted it gone. It's worse than a period and I'd rather experience that for a month than have this pain again.

It faded, not as painful as it was, and my body was starting to relax again.

"Think you can sleep again?" Chase asked. I nodded slowly, wiping the remaining tears off my cheeks. He laid me down again gently, putting the blankets back over my body. After I was comfortable he did the same for himself, and put his arm around my waist.

I immediately tensed. We never cuddled or anything like this. I turned to give him a look, but he just shrugged.

"Relax, Cassandra, it will help with the pain." He said. I nodded and got more comfortable against his chest. He put his head in the crook of my neck and I started to drift into sleep again..

-------

I trudged down the stairs, ignoring the pains all over my body. It was worse, and I woke up multiple times because of different pains in different places on my body took place, and it sucked because I barely got any sleep. Chase got just as little sleep as I did because he comforted me and tried to make the pain bearable, even though it barely helped, but I was grateful.

"Ready?" Chase yawned. I nodded, ignoring my heads protest. Everything was in pain, and it sucked. I didn't know why I needed to feel pain for this transformation anyways.

We got in his car and he took off.

"Don't worry, Cassandra. They will respect your privacy. If they don't just come to me."

"I already told you that I can take care of myself." I snapped. He sighed.

"I know you're in pain and that you are snappy because of it, and I don't want to add stress on it."