|48|

Chase analyzed my facial expression, looking for any faults to show a lie, but when he found none he turned to Hunter.

"Stop the search parties, it's a trap. Tell the alpha I think we should force everyone inside for safety, I need to talk to Cassandra." Hunter nodded and turned to leave the safe room, pushing past people to go quicker. Chase turned to me and grabbed my arms, like he wanted my full attention, which he already has.

"How do you know it was-"

"My scream," I interrupted, finishing his sentence. "I remember my torture like it was yesterday, Chase. That was my scream from Xander's place. I don't know how this freak got it, but that's exactly my scream, nobody else's." Chase sighed, his eyebrows in a knot of concentration.

"What do you suppose they're using your scream for?" He asked, and I honestly didn't want to tell him, because it would add more stress to him.

"To get me alone. That's the goal tonight. The scream isn't a warning, or a one time thing in the night, because this person wants to make it a hell for everyone until they reach me."

"Who is they?" He asked and my heart rate sped up.

"Satan." Chase's arms went limp on my own, like he was just thinking an overview of the events that will occur tonight.

"Then you will not be alone. You will be safely hidden between the crowds, and we will send out a look-a-like as bait for a distraction."

"But who-"

"I will." A girl with black hair stepped out beside us and gave us a grim look. It was June.

"June, why would you-" she interrupted me with her hand.

"I've been a major bitch to my future Luna, and I feel as if this is a way to start apologizing."

"Bu-"

"And I never understood the stress I was putting on the both of you and your relationship together until I found out all the shit that had been happening to you both. I'm sorry that I was a pesty bug on your windshield."

"What the-"

"Sorry." She finished.

"Thanks, for the apology and the offer."

"Sure thing. How are we gonna do this?"

June was escorted out of the safety room, and I could only hope she would be safe. I didn't want anything to happen to her because of me.

"Relax Cassy, she's going to be watched by many guards."

"That still doesn't make me feel better. This is Satan we're talking about here. He's capable of killing everyone with the wave of his hand." I pulled on his arm, halting his stride. "Chase please, don't let her do this."

"Even after she's been the topping to your hell you don't want her to possibly get hurt. Sometimes you co fuse me, woman."

"I will fuck you up if you don't stop this." His eyes washed over, and then returned to normal.

"Too late. She's outside."

"Chase!"

"You know, it would be cute to see you try by the way."

"I think I have the advantage here, buddy!" I angrily pushed him and stormed off down the panic room halls.

"Cassandra, please stop being so stubborn and let the girl sacrifice herself for your she feels it's what she owes you."