|36|

Every time I asked Chase how I didn't fall into the literal pit of Hell, he told me not to worry about it, and then he would change the subject quickly. Was I missing a big part of the rescue? Was there a fight I was unconscious in?

I sighed in frustration with all my unanswered questions and turned on my side in the bed. I couldn't fall asleep. I was restless.

I looked at Chase's face of slumber, a slight snore coming from him. I smiled, even though he couldn't see me. How did it get so complicated this past year? I've missed so much school that I'm sure I'm going to have to retake the year, and I've missed out on my friendships. My smile fell at the thought of me missing out, and I got jealous my friends got to hang out together without me.

I slowly lifted Chase's arm off my waist and replaced my body with a pillow. A frown sketched on his face, but he just pulled the pillow closer. I got off the bed without a sound and tiptoed out of the room as quiet as possible. The pack house was in an eerie silence, but I shook it off and went down the stairs.

I grabbed a glass from the kitchen and filled it with some cool water from the fridge. I took a sip, then a few more and placed it down on the island. When I turned around there was a figure, and I yelped in surprise.

I turned the light on, and the figure was revealed as June. She had a dark glare set on me, and when the light was turned on she didn't flinch or move the slightest. Not even her eyes. That was creepy...

"June? Oh my god, you scared me!" I gasped. She finally moved slightly.

"Good." Okay then. "How was your adventure in Hell? Looks like you have a new hairdo." She smirked when I flinched at the word Hell. And yes, my hair hand as still a dark shade of black.

"Why do you want to know?" This occurrence wasn't something I was going to share with anybody but the people close to me.

"You know you're very valuable, right?" She ignored my question and took a step closer. I stayed where I was.

"Maybe."

"And you do know I'd do anything to get you out of the picture so I can have Chase, right?" I growled at her. My wolf was pissed at me for leaving Hell to be free from evil, but we both shared a possessiveness over our mate.

"I know that." I growled. Her fingers traced the top of the glass cup slowly as she watched me with a glint in her eyes.

"And I'm willing to team up with anybody to do just that." She clapped her hand twice, and I felt another person was behind me in the entrance. I turned, keeping my back to the side so I could see them both.

"Gabriel?" Nobody answered me except for the smirk he had.

"You see Cassandra, you'd be a lot happier with somebody who wants you and cares about your abilities." June said, but I kept my confused stare on him. How did he get here again?

"I'm just giving you the life you would never have with Chase. I'm willing to fill your role, as always, and take the hard relationship you two already have. Now Gabe, you can take her. Thank you for the pay!" Gabe ran up to me and clamped his large hand over my mouth before I could scream. I wiggled against his hold, but felt helpless. But then I realized I had trained for things like this in Hell. I'm not the weaker version I used to be, even though I could fight then, but I'm stronger than ever being through my own torture.

I elbowed hard into his stomach, getting a satisfying grunt from him. I bit his hand, then twisted it behind his back and kicked him forward. I turned to June and threw a punch, but she dodged and grabbed my hand. She attempted to twist it, but I flipped her instead.

Gabriel grabbed me from behind, but I just threw us down to the ground, him hitting the floor hard. I turned, straddling him before throwing multiple punches. Before I could get a good throw, June threw me off of him and attacked me. She threw a punch, and I quickly moved my head out of the way. I kneed a bad spot and she yelped and made a face like she was eating sour candy. I then pushed her off of me and kicked her face. Gabriel came at me again with a bloody head, but I grabbed the glass cup and smashed it on him.

He grabbed a large glass shard and pulled me against him with his arm over my chest. He held the sharp glass against my neck, drawing some blood in a threat.

"Come with me and your little mate will be fine."

"I'm already fine." We all looked at the owner's voice at the kitchen entrance. Chase was looking hard at Gabriel, and his eyes fell down to my bloodied throat. Then he looked at June was was frozen in her attempt to stand.

"Not for long." Gabriel tossed me aside hard, and my head bashed against the side of the counter. I was seeing black dots when I fell to the floor, my vision still able to see the fight. Chase and Gabriel were fighting it out while June smirked above me.

"Nighty night, little Cassy."

And then every thing was dark.

•••

I have that Wii music in my head and I don't know why.