|33|

"You expect me to wear this?" I hissed at the tailor. He scoffed, looking annoyed and offended at my reaction. How was I supposed to wear this dress to the wedding? The wedding that won't ever happen.

"I simply designed it from Satan's preference. What was I supposed to do, disobey?" He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I actually like being employed and not being a slave, thank you very much." He huffed with a laugh and wrote something down in his notes.

"Well I'd prefer something more concealing." I snapped, but he didn't lift his pen from the paper or look up.

"It's all lust, girl." He said in a lower voice than before, almost like he was bored feeding me information about Hell traditions.

"What do you mean?" I asked, causing him to sigh and finally look at me again.

"The wedding dress is something to show off what the bride has to offer to groom."

"I'm not offering anything." I crossed my arms grumpily. "It's being taken greedily."

"I don't make the rules." The tailor muttered to himself, but I heard it. Did he not agree with the way things were run? Feeling risky, I asked the first thing on my mind.

"Will you help me?" I whispered. At first he just stopped moving the pen on the paper. After a few seconds he slowly looked up at me, something glinting in his eyes.

×∆×

I bit on the thick blanket, tears escaping my eyes as I desperately attempted to stay quiet. My hands were shaking as I choked out a quiet sob. I didn't want anybody barging in my room with medical help again.
I wanted to be alone. I wanted to be home.

I wanted to be normal.

Apparently I failed my attempt, because the dark wood door creaked open slowly, and a head with black locks popped inside the room.

I attempted to hide my tear stained face, but it didn't work because he seemed to already know.

"I heard your muffled crying."

"Go to back to sleep. I'm fine." Oh, the double meaning behind those two words. The bed dipped down at the edge.

"I wasn't even asleep."

"Oh" I paused, letting the silence overcome us. "So why did you come here if you heard me then? To humiliate me? Embarrass-"

"No, no, no! Not at all!"

"Then what?" I hissed.

"I-well, I wanted to see what's wrong." I scoffed at his excuse.

"Well you're the reason." I retorted. Lucifer bit his lip, looking hurt.

"My intentions over this whole thing wasn't to hurt you-"

"Well it did." My dull eyes stared into his. Something flickered through his orbs, but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

"Lately you've been more distant." He declared.

"And?"

"You've lost that glow." He started. "The color drained from your face. You've lost that spark in your eyes..."

"What do you expect from me? Happy go lucky after being dragged into Hell and tortured emotionally and physically." I paused, my voice wavering into a whisper. "I didn't ask for any of this."

"Maybe you didn't." His eyes narrowed as he seemed to be studying me in the dark.

×∆×

Amethyst 

"It's alright, Mandy. She'll come back soon. You know she's a strong girl." I stared into space, shutting out Drew who was trying to stop Mandy from further sobbing. She's gone into her crying stage of grief, while I was just lost in an endless void.

Hunter had tried to cheer me up, but all I've done is shut him out. I know it hurts him, but that was my way of accepting things and getting through them. Shut everyone out. But after staring at the wall or ceiling for awhile it gets boring, so I stare at the TV that is usually on.

"Ameth" no response. "Ameth." Silence. "Amethyst!" I jolted my head in the voice's direction, irritated they used my full name. Cassandra would do that sometimes to tease me.

"What?" I snapped. Drew sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Chase told me they have an update. I thought you would want to go hear it with us." He gestured to Mandy who was clinging to his side, glossy eyes and a red nose.

"Fine." I stood and followed them into Drew's car. He pulled out immediately and raced down the roads, ignoring the multiple honks he received from his speed. He pulled up to the pack house, and my heart fluttered. The last time I was in here was with Cassandra.

I followed the two inside and into the Alpha's office. When we were in the room two guards closed the door tight. I looked around, spotting Chase next to his father and mother. But I also saw Xander. He was in a chair in front of the desk. I glared at him, but he didn't seem to mind.

"What's the news?" Drew asked, breaking the silence.

"Xander's working with black magic." Chase started, but I interrupted him from my crankiness.

"And?" He shot me a look before continuing.

"That involves evil. Satan controls evil, aka Hell, so he basically works for Satan to use black magic."

"He was a wormhole, feeding Satan information on Cassandra like a spy. But now he wants to help us instead to get her back."

"That's great news!" Mandy squealed, but Chase didn't look so excited.

"He told us that he's been communicating with someone who is in Hell who knows Cassandra and has actually spoke to her. They're working together to free her."

"Who?" Drew asked.

"A tailor."

"Why don't you look happy about this?" I wondered aloud, making Chase shift his gaze over to me.

"Don't you get it?" Chase hissed, suddenly angry. "A tailor makes dresses."

"What if they're just fancy?" Mandy asked in a sweet, innocent voice. Chase jerked his stare towards her, his jaw set.

"She's betrothed! Getting married to a low-life, selfish prince!" He burst yelling, causing Mandy to squeal in fear and snuggle into Drew's chest. Drew shot Chase a pissed look but didn't say anything.

"Chase, dear, calm down." His mom scolded in a gentle tone. "We'll find her before anything happens."

"Yeah, and he better do that." Chase pointed an angry finger at Xander who still sat calmly in his chair, seemingly unaffected. Chase stormed past us and out the door. A crash followed.

Alpha Dawn groaned, dining a hand over his tired, aging face.

"Get someone to clean that up." He told a guard who was in the room. The guard nodded and left the room in long strides.

"Sorry about him, he's having a rough time." The Luna excused to us. I shrugged.

"Of course he is. We all are." I replied, turning around and out the room before further information. What else was I supposed to do? Gloat inside that stuffy room while I was told what the plan was? Because I honestly didn't care.

I couldn't, care, because then I'd lose myself.

•••

:]]] <= double chin smiley face for extra update.