|40|

I knew all too well this wouldn't end nicely. Somebody was going to get seriously hurt, and what? Because of a girl?

"Palmer-" I started, but he held his hand up.

"Chain her up with the silver chains." Before I could turn to fight whoever he was ordering around I was pulled against a large tree, the large chains wrapped tightly around me.

"Stop this nonsense! I'm not the bad guy who needs to be stopped here Palmer!" I protested, wiggling around until the silver chains made me feel weak. Fuck.

"I never said you were the bad guy in this situation. I'm the bad guy who has control over this game I made. You are the prize, and these three are the contestants. Now everyone find different sides and then we will begin!"

I shut my eyes tight and focused hard on my mate bond with Chase. I needed to mind link him, and I needed to do it quick.

"The rules: no unchaining Cassandra, or using her body as defense to hide behind. You are not the step across the line," Palmer motioned the the line he pushed into the mud with his foot which was a few feet away from me, and where he was standing behind. "And no mind games." He gave Lucifer a look who just smirked in recognition.

"Now," Palmer looked back at me with a twisted grin. "Let the games begin."

Gabriel didn't waste time, lunging at Damion, which was smart because going for Lucifer first would crush him.

Since I figured the silver chains were blocking my connections with Chase and every other pack member, I focused on all my powers. I needed to build strength to overcome the silver. I needed to twist the laws of the universe against each other. And I was praying that this would work.

"So, you couldn't find the strength to get rid of me yourself, huh?" I started. Palmer's fists clenched, and I just knew I was getting to him with my smart talk.

"Can't even find it in yourself to just join the fight for me like the others did? To kidnap me just like Xander did, and keep me away from the others." His jaw clicked. "What's the matter Palmer? Don't think your strong enough? Don't think your good enough?" He spun around angrily and looked at me with raging eyes.

"Quit the talking because it isn't going to help your situation!" He roared. I kept my mouth shut, the only noise was the battle and his words echoing in the woods. My lips twisted in a smirk.

"Weak, little boy who couldn't even keep a girl to feel the same way back."

"Cassandra, I won't hesitate to-"

"To give me away like a toy? You are already doing that, Palmy boy."

"Don't-" he was interrupted when a roar of agony sounded behind him. My eyes went wide at the sound, and they darted to the scene. Gabriel's Wolf's mouth had Damion's head ripped off. He was gone.

"Palmer, you better stop this before-"

"Another fan boy gets hurt?" He pouted at me like I was a child. "News flash, Cassandra, I don't care about anybody anymore." He sneered.

"I don't need people dying at my feet because of my abilities and the desire to have them. I don't need people dead because of me."

"I also don't care about what you need." He smirked. "Now your annoying mouth is interrupting my show, so I'd appreciate it if you would shut it!" He turned again to face what Lucifer and Gabriel were doing.

Gabriel in his wolf form was circling Lucifer, who might I add, didn't look worried in the slightest form.

I knew Gabriel didn't stand a chance.

"Lucifer! Don't kill him!" I yelled out. His cheek twitched, telling me he heard what I said. Maybe if he listens to me he would understand he cares more than I take granted for.

"Poor faith in the mutt." Palmer snorted, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're one to speak." I retorted, causing Palmer to growl angrily.

My neck started to tingle, and then it started to sting, really bad. It was the side where the triangle tattoo was. I rolled my head, hoping it would go away, but it didn't. What was going on?

I screamed a growl-like roar of pain when it felt like I was being stabbed all over. Palmer jumped and turned ready to defend himself, while the other two stopped fighting and looked over at me.

"What was that for-!" Palmer started yelling, but another jolt of agony rippled through my body, and I let out another scream.

I wiggled in the chains, desperately trying to comfort myself as much as possible, and I knew my face showed how much pain I was in. It's not like I'm on my period...

"What's wrong with her?" Lucifer called, clearly concerned. I knew he actually cares about me more than the others, and that he actually likes me, but right now every word that was spoken to me pissed me off insanely. I didn't know how to describe it, but I felt off. I didn't feel like myself.

I screamed again, and this time Palmer put a hand over my mouth tight to muffle it.

"If she keeps screaming like that they'll know something is wrong!" He yelled at the others. For some reason, this was really odd to me. They were all concerned I wasn't damaged, but they didn't care how I felt being sold away.

By now, Gabriel shifted back to his human form and pulled on some pants, and I was thankful for that.

"It's probably something to do with-" I interrupted Gabe with chomping hard on Palmer's hand, and he yelped, recoiling it. The scent of metal quickly fogged my senses, and I knew I got him hard.

But then my glory moment dissolved, as the anger and pain came back. I thrashed around in the chains, but then my vision dotted.

No no no no. I can't pass out. Not here, not now.

But apparently my body wouldn't take that answer. I was shutting down, and I didn't know why.

"He-help." My eyes fluttered dangerously close to staying shut, and I tried my best to fight it.

I fell to my knees when I felt the chains lifted off me, and my body fell forward to the dirt. The last thing I saw was the three looking down at me.

•••