|34|

"All dressed

"All dressed." Jon, my tailor, told me. I sighed and looked in the body length mirror that hung from a hook. I fiddled with my fingers as I took it all in.

"The alterations had been made and they are completely unnoticeable." He continued as I bit my lip. "Why aren't you saying anything? I can get executed for this you know, so show some thanks!"

"Sorry, it's perfect, it really is, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to do this. What if I'm not good enough to follow through." Jon sighed at my confession and narrowed his eyes, studying me. At first I didn't know what he was doing, but then he spoke again.

"There's nothing I would be able to do more than what I did to the dress, all I can do is give you some wise advice."

"I understand."

"First, you have to look unsuspicious so that nobody expects it, alright?" I nodded, and Jon looked around his shoulder for any other people. "Then when the moment feels right, or you have no more time to procrastinate, follow through with the plan. If all goes bad, you get married to a very angry and cautious Prince. Sound good?" He tilted his head to the right with a smile. My face involuntarily scrunched.

"You're not making me feel better about this." I mumbled in a whine.

"Sorry. On the bright side you look absolutely magnificent!" He clapped his hands with a beaming grin. "Fuck, I am so good at my job!"

"Yeah, yeah, boast all you want later because now I need time to think privately so I can get my thoughts together."

"Well you don't have long because the wedding is soon and people will rush in here touching up makeup and hair. It'll honestly get messed up minutes later, but let's not tell them that."

"Yeah, good idea." I rolled my eyes. Sometimes Jon could be depressing, wise, and smart, but other times dumb, clueless, and ecstatic. And then before I could sit and plan things through again, a flow of people rushed inside the parlor, coming at me with different products and pointy things.

"Ow!" I whined, swatting at the hand that plucked my eyebrow hair. A groan followed because of my watering eyes, and they started to fix my eye makeup. I caught Jon's stare who was trying to hold in his laughter behind the commotion. I rolled my eyes, earning a scold from the eye makeup artist.

After what felt like hours and attempted thought over my plan they gave me space and admired their work from afar. I stood from the chair and walked slowly over to the mirror once again. The makeup was dark, and my hair felt tighter than ever. At least I could move my limbs. When I turned around Jon had a genuine smile.

"You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen, and I've worked with a lot of weddings." I laughed and shook my head.

"This isn't even what I would normally look like, its just the makeup-"