|9|

Cassandra

I breathed in the sheets underneath me. I shifted my body a little to sink into the comfortable bed, except this didn't feel the same as home did.

I flickered my eyes open, slowly taking in the light shining through the windows. This room was familiar... too familiar for my liking.

The bed I was laying on had all black sheets. It brought all the light in the room to a lower level, contrasting.

As I looked around the room my neck started to ache, and that's when all the memories flooded in from the dance.

Mother fucking Chase fucking marked me.

He marked me and he didn't want me. Why was he so jealous of nothing? What did he exactly want from me as a mate? It's obvious he doesn't like me at all, never did since he first saw me.

I threw my legs off the king sized bed and stood, my feet touching the cool wood. I tip-toed over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair wasn't in the side pinned hairstyle I had it that night and it was combed through. I wasn't in my dress anymore, leaving me still with my bra and an over-sized shirt. I wasn't wearing pants, so I assumed this person didn't have any that wouldn't fall off my hips.

But what made me uncomfortable was that they undressed me. What creep touched me and got to examine my body? Don't tell me my stalker found me...

I brushed my hair behind my neck and examined my mark that was on my skin. The mark was small and not taking up a lot of room on my neck than I originally thought it would have.

I heard a door click open and swung my head to look behind me. Chase came into view, looking me over like he wanted to see if I was okay, then once he noted that I was he returned his eyes to my own.

"I see you're finally awake." He stated.

"Obviously." Why was I so pissed? Oh yeah, he fucking marked me! And he unclothed me and took me to his room for goddess's sake!

He huffed a laugh at my response.

"Why did you undress me." I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest. Thankfully he had respect and left my undergarments. And you know what he did? He laughed. Fucking laughed when I should be stabbing his eyes out. No, I want to stab his throat out to end his sexy chuckle. That thinking went in a different direction than I intended it to.

"I didn't. Your friend did it for me." I suddenly felt like an idiot. "I knew you would just be angrier with me if I did that myself."

"Where did you get this shirt? It isn't mine-"

"It's mine." That's why it smelled great. It was Chase's scent.

"Who-?"

"Ameth and Mandy took care of your situation when I left you. They got you more comfortable and then I ordered them to bring you here."

"Why couldn't I just go home?" This question obviously pissed his wolf off because his eyes darkened.

"Why wouldn't you stay here?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"It isn't my home."

"It is now."

"I want my home. Not this house."

"It's just the pack house. You're fine here."

"It isn't a home to me at all. I like living with my friend."

"You're living here, damnit!" Chase roared. I jumped, afraid that he would hurt me. He pointed at me.

"This isn't for myself; it's for my wolf. You will live here and that is final." He ordered calmer than before. I swallowed a lump in my throat, but that didn't stop my lip from quivering. All I have known was my friends. I didn't know family anymore, I didn't know love in any other kind than them. All I knew was my friends, and this sudden change scared me beyond anything.