|52|

Clutching his hair in my fist I continued to kiss him with my newfound feelings. I felt free and happy for once in awhile. And I was sharing these feelings through my kiss with Chase.

I mean you could say it was making out, but to be discrete i'm going to call it just kissing.

He hungrily tightened his hold on my waist, eager for more than a kiss, more than lips. His kissing moved down my jaw and to my neck where he sucked on my mark, making me grip his shoulders.

A knock on the door interrupted the mood, so Chase angrily opened it and growled a 'what'.

"Sorry, is this a bad time?" The alpha smirked when he caught my eye and sauntered in.

"I hear the devil's baby has been delivered and is in a healthy state." He cocked an eyebrow, pissing Chase off by the way he was talking to me.

"You'll have to excuse me, but Faye has never been the devil's baby and never will be, because she was to be in my arms and mine only ever since she was born. She will not be tempted by the devil."

"I'm afraid everyone gets tempted by the devil someday, and I believe more so your baby."

"Why did you come here, father?" Chase growled.

"I came to inform you that Xander was placed in the asylum a few days ago and is taking it well."

"A-asylum?" I asked. "You mean as in an insane asylum?"

"Xander was going crazy once he found out you were pregnant with Lucifer's sperm-" I rolled my eyes at him. "and he went as far as attempting to stab a baby because it had a resemblance to you and your possible child."

"B-but-"

"We had to obtain him so we used a sedative and we transferred him to the hospital. They tested his brain for mental illnesses and they found way too many different complicated types that they had no choice but the transfer him to an asylum." Chase further explained. I nodded, biting my lip. I knew that Chase didn't like it when I did that, but I couldn't help some habits.

"That explains some of his previous actions." I responded finally while turning and making the bed again.

"Sob, your coronation will be pushed to this week, things are settling in again now that the devil isn't going to be the main source of our problems, so I decided what's a better time?" I heard the Alpha tell Chase as I eavesdropped.

"I thought I had more time-"

"But now you don't, it's for the best. You've been ready for this position for years now." I turned in time to see the alpha pat a lost Chase on the back before leaving the room. I sighed, putting my hands on my hips.

"You know it isn't that bad. You're just one week shorter." I sympathized.

"I don't know why I'm so disappointed. I guess I wanted some free time with you before the coronation."

"You'll have free time with me this week. And I promise I'll do my best to schedule my events when you're working so we can have free time after together." I offered a smile and placed my hand on his cheek. "And i'm here with you every step of the way." I placed a kiss on his nose which he narrowed his eyes to.

"Don't you have friends to catch up with?" He asked with a knowing smirk and i laughed.

"Yeah yeah, trying to get rid of me every chance you get." I rolled my eyes sarcastically and grabbed my purse. "I'll be back before 6." I stated, walking towards the door.

"You better be, or I'll personally tear this pack apart until you return." I felt a smash on my butt which I exclaimed a 'Hey!" to before actually leaving the room.

I was plopped down on the love seat opposite of Mandy and next to Ameth while they gave me eager looks.

"So that's it of Lucifer? He won't come back?" Mandy asked concerned now.

"He shouldn't, and if he does he will return to the grave I already dug for him." I answered with a sigh. "So now, tell me about what's been up with you two lately."

"Well, since me and Drew moved in together everything's been really great. I love waking up and seeing him in the morning." I cooed at Mandy. "Oh, and I'm pregnant." I jumped off my seat and squealed, Ameth following.

"Oh my god Mandy!" Ameth exclaimed as we both attacked her in a hug.

"I know, I know! I haven't told Drew yet because I just found out this morning." Mandy continued.

"When are you planning to tell him?"

"Tonight on our date." She blushed as we cooed.

"Ameth's turn." Mandy laughed shyly.

"Well, Mandy knows this but, Cassy, Hunter is my mate." Ameth said nervously as I tried to process it.

"But, you've known each other even when you turned 17, shouldn't this have been known before now?" I asked.

"Well, Hunter got angry when he found me as his mate, or actually in better words found his mate, and he did what Chase did to you. Told me to pretend we weren't mates so that he could keep sleeping around." Ameth looked down at her lap.

"Oh god, Ameth, why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was embarrassed."

"There's nothing to be embarrassed of."

"Well when you find your mate that you would daydream about all your life with your best friend and he rejects you, that's embarrassing to share." She sighed. "But then he got sense and now we're actually acting like real mates."

"Well I'm happy foe you now." I smiled and she returned it.

"So..." Mandy started like she wanted to ask me something.

"You can ask me anything." I informed and she nodded.

"What happened with Gabriel?"

"The truth is I don't know. After being taken by Palmer to be a prize foe all the guys trying to whisk me away he disappeared. I didn't ask because it never occurred that I cared foe his well-being."

"Look at you, talking all sophisticated." Ameth laughed and threw a skittle at me.

"Hey! Rude!" I threw one of my own skittles at her and she just laughed.

"So what about Damon?" Mandy continued.

"He died in the fight." I squirmed in my seat, guilty someone died to get to me. "What-" I paused. "What happened to June? Is she alright?" I hesitantly asked. Ameth shared a look with Mandy before answering.

"June had a bad head injury after that night, but healed fine. A visiting member from a neighboring pack was found to be her Mate and she went to his pack to be with him."

"That's nice. She found her happy ending."

"I agree, even though she was a major bitch." Ameth laughed.

"Well I should get back to make it back by 6, I'll see you at the tomorrow?"

"Well the coronation in two days, so we'll actually probably just see you then and help you feel ready."

"Oh." My eyebrows knotted. "I didn't know it was so soon in the week." I grabbed my purse and stood, waving at them. "I'll text you when to come over then."

•••