|8|

Play the song on repeat, it'll help the mood for the end of the chapter ;)

Cassandra

I twirled in my mirror. The ends of the dress flared up as the wind hit them. My hair was pulled and pinned to the right side of me. I was actually wearing makeup, informing it to be a special night.

It was our school dance that we got every year. And I was nervous.

To protect Chase and Palmer from being hurt I will cut them out of my life. Sadly, it was the best choice to keep everyone safe. I didn't exactly know if this was a serious threat, but why not take it like it was said? I couldn't take any chances.

The music boomed through the gym, where the party was held. The dark lights exaggerated the quality of the decorations.

I took in a deep breath. Palmer will be mad, or begging for my forgiveness. But as much as I wanted to keep him as my boyfriend I couldn't. This was just too real to me. A mate was something I've looked forward to my whole life. The minute Palmer noticed I arrived he ran up to me.

"Cassandra! I'm so, so sorry! I let my wolf take control and that happened and I'm so sorry. I should have stayed in control longer-" he started imploring.

"Palmer, save it. I can't see you anymore." I didn't want this to damper my evening, but his face fell and I couldn't help but feel it was beginning to.

"Why?" He asked, voice filled with hurt.

"I'm not good to be around." I was choking on my words. This was heartbreaking, and I wasn't even ending it with my mate yet. I never saw myself in this situation, breaking up with somebody since I was waiting for my other half.

"You are good. You showed me good actually." He had my hands in his, trying to convince me, but I shook my head trying to stay calm. It hasn't even been long since this whole thing with Palmer started, and yet it hurt me.

"That's the only side you saw in me." I whispered so faint he could just barely hear my words, the music drowning out his advanced hearing.

"I don't believe you." He whispered back with furrowed eyebrows.

"There's only some things you need to believe even if it isn't true." I tore my hands from his and walked away from him. He was just so hopeful, so full of trust and knowledge that I would forgive him. But I shattered that, and I felt responsible for his heartbreak.

My night had a rough start already.

Mandy soon arrived along with Ameth shortly after. We danced as I tried to forget what I just did to Palmer, and it was thankfully working.

Rumor must have spread already, because when Chase spotted me on the dance floor he motioned for me to come over to him.

"I'll be right back." I told my friends before walking past sweaty, dancing students.

Once I reached Chase he pulled me back, farther away from the commotion of the party. His hand holding my wrist sent sparks from the contact, and I relished in the feeling his touch gave me, because this was going to come to an end tonight. It felt better than any of Palmer's gestures, and I hated him for that effect on me.

"What?" I asked once we were in the back of the gym.

"You ended it with Palmer." He stated rather than questioning it.

"And?"

"That means you're open." He continued and my breathing hitched.

"So?" Chase didn't answer, he just grabbed my wrist with more strength, startling me with the shock, and pulled me out of the gym. He led me down an abandoned hallway, stopping and letting go of me.

"You never answered me." I stated. He gave me a cold stare.

"I don't know why you even started dating that douche." He hissed. I placed a hand on my chest, offended.

"Actually, he's better than you summed up from our previous conversations. What makes you think you have the right to call him that? You don't even fucking know him!" I raised my voice at him, and I could just see his anger unfold at my outrage.

"How did he make you feel? Like this?!" He grabbed my hand again, soon after erupting in sparks. It took me back.

"At least he accepted me. You just threw me out like trash!" I yelled.

"Don't talk to me like that! I am the future Alpha and you cannot disrespect me!"

"Then what gives you the right to disrespect me?" I spoke with a normal tone. "You can't just question on why I chose a guy over you when you're disrespecting me in the first place, flat out disowning me." I continued, starting to point my finger at his chest. "I don't take kindly to orders."

And just like that I was pushed against the cement brick wall, shoulders pinned to the cool surface.

"You should know better than to yell at your future alpha, mate." He growled lowly with a whisper, warm breath fanning my cheeks. "Especially when I'm already pissed at you." He leaned down to my lips, connecting our together. The kiss deepened, sending a pleasurable feeling throughout my body.

I moaned, forgetting to keep control of myself. My cheeks reddened from this feeling he was giving me, this reaction from my body to his. His lips trailed down my neck, giving me time to breathe.

That's what I thought at least.

His canines extended, grazing my skin. I gasped, terrified from what would happen next, and I attempted to push his chest from mine.

"No," I gasped, "stop." His eyes snapped to mine, gone with green and consumed with darkness. It was like he was daring me to stop him.

"Please. You don't even want me." I held back a whimper. A mark was permanent. I didn't even know Chase completely! Only long enough to know he was a jerk.

He smirked against the skin on my neck, and then I felt the piercing of my flesh. He just marked me. Fuck, he just marked me! It was painful at first, then turned pleasurable. I hated it. I wanted this to be special, and yet it was being taken away in a matter of lost composure. I was supposed to send him away farther from ever wanting me, and I ruined any chances of that by allowing him to take me somewhere private.

His teeth came out of my neck to lick the blood off. Once he was finished he stepped back, eyeing his work.

"It doesn't matter if I want you or not. You're mine, and that's how it will always be." He turned and left me in the hallway.

I collapsed on the ground balling my eyes out. How could he do this to me? I was mated to a jerk, goddess why?

Darkness started to fill the corner of my eyes, my eyelids flickered and my head collided with the cool tile floor.

"Cassandra!" A muffled scream called. I heard some more muffled footsteps until I blacked out completely.

•••

Song// Touch by Troye Sivan