|12|

Cassandra

3 days, 12 hours, and 35 minutes. I've been waiting for someone to come, but then again I might not have anybody. Who even said Chase actually cared enough to save me? I've been down in that torture basement at least 10 times now, too. 

Most importantly I have been missing school. A lot. But lets be real who cares. And that worried me even though I may not make it out of this house ever. Or alive. 

My heart stopped along with my breathing when I felt something. 

"X-Xander?" I asked, not moving. 

"What?" He hissed, clearly annoyed I interrupted him in whatever he was doing. He was sitting on the couch across from me working on homework possibly.

"Umm." How do I say this without it being awkward? "I think I just started my period. Do you happen to have pads or tampons here?" I asked. That's totally not awkward to say...

"Shit, get off the couch!" He demanded. I instantly shot up, despite the aching my body protested me with from all the beatings. Maybe now that I was on my period he would be more gentle with me? 

"I totally forgot about that, umm let me go to the store. You stuff your underwear with toilet paper or something. Don't try anything stupid." He ordered. I nodded and went down the hall to the bathroom. 

Once I heard him completely gone I ran out of the bathroom. I searched the windows, finding them locked. I searched for a phone, but it seemed he didn't leave one. 

I ran to the door a tried to open it, but there was a lock that needed a key. 

I needed a bobby pin. Xander got me some so I could practice with my hair when he was gone and stuff. 

Only did he know. 

I ran up the stairs and to the bathroom in the master bedroom. I flung open drawer he filled with hair supplies and grabbed a couple bobby pins. I bent a few and ran back down to the front door. 

Chase

Her scent is slowly coming back to my senses. The farther we go into the woods the more her scent is clear to me. 

"Hide!" Someone shouted. We all darted behind trees and under logs. A light and the sound of a car rolled by us, on a path we didn't even see before. 

Once the car was long gone we emerged back together. 

"Do you think that's the guy? He was driving in the direction we were headed." 

"Possibly. We can take any chance we can get. Lets follow." I ordered and we all started to catch up slowly to the car. 

Cassandra

The lock was almost open, until I heard Xander on the other side. 

I threw the bobby pins out of sight and jumped away from the door as fast as possible. 

"Cassandra? I thought I told you to stay in the bathroom." Xander said. I know I looked guilty, but couldn't I at least try? 

"Being in the bathroom for a long time stuffing my underwear with toilet paper isn't really comfortable." I fumbled with my fingers. 

"Really?" He took slow steps towards me. I nodded, holding my breath every time he got an inch closer. 

"Or did you try to leave?" He continued. I shook my head.