|11|

Xander Clark^

Cassandra

My head felt so light. My eyes flickered open, leaving my vision in a blur. It was a little bright in the room, but I could tell it was night from dark windows to my right. Once my vision cleared up I searched my surroundings. A place I haven't been before.

I was sitting on a couch. There was another couch smaller than this one next to me, but it was smaller in size. A television was placed directly above a coffee table in front of me.

I stood to go look for someone that could help me. What happened? Where's my mom? My dad?

I stumbled, clutching the corner of the couch as I stood, walking around. Silver was still in my blood system, but I needed to know what was happening.

"Hello?" I asked groggily. A tall man walked out dressed in all black, covered from head to toe. Even his face was covered.

"I need you to help me, sir. I think I'm lost. I don't know where my family is... come to think of it I don't know who they even are." My eyes wandered off and my hand left the corner of the couch that kept me stable.

I staggered, almost falling after being hit with a wave of dizziness. The man grabbed my arms and held me upright. He sat me back down on the couch carefully, in a gentle manner like he didn't want to frighten me.

"Relax." I heard him say, and I nodded.

"Do you know where I am?" I asked.

"At my house."

"Why?"

"Because I love you." The words went right through me. My mind reeled and the memories flooded back into me. I gasped, scared of this man, whoever he was. I stood abruptly, backing up, causing the man to jump up.

"Are you alright?" He asked and I pointed my shaky finger at him.

"You did this! You kidnapped me!" I accused. He held his hands in the air like he was just caught and now surrendering, but it showed that he didn't mean any harm.

"Stay away from me!" I backed up behind the couch as a shield from him. "You did this." I whispered, sliding down to the ground with tears in my eyes. "You." The words felt like poison on my tongue. This wasn't what I had planned in any highlight of my lifetime.

The man rounded the corner to see me. He looked down at me, now sobbing into my hands. The man kneeled down to my eye level and I recoiled away from him, but he put his hand on my arm.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Cassandra." He whispered, slowly stroking my arm.

"I-I don't know who you are." I stuttered. His hand left my arm and reached to his mask. He slowly took it off, revealing those pale blue eyes that once stared their way through my barrier, and I gasped. Why him? He didn't even really know me. All I did was talk to him in the library after all, but he did say he knew my name, so maybe this affection has been going on longer?

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name." I said. His loving look that was in the moment hardened to pure anger. He jumped up from the ground, flailing himself around in thrash.

"How do you not remember my name?! A simple encounter and you don't remember that person's name!" He yelled. I stood slowly, scared of him all again with a greater fear than before. If this simple mistake could throw him off like this, then something was definitely wrong here.

"I'm sorry. I've just been so stressed lately that it slipped my mind." I pleaded for him to possibly calm down, and possibly apologize for his sudden behavior. He stopped freaking out on the air and thrust his face one inch from mine.