|42|

I woke up in a different bed with a headache. I could feel the silver pulsing through my bloodstream disconnecting all my werewolf connections. I couldn't shift, mind link, or use my heightened senses. That's why I got a headache, because my body wasn't use to this change.

The bed I woke up in was cheap, and the sheets were papery. I was in a doctor's office looking room. But why couldn't they just stick me and be done with it? Did I have a bad reaction after I passed out? You know what, I asked too many questions that I can't answer. But why was there a doctor's office in the Earth house?

The door opened, and I jumped a little at the sudden entrance. In walked the older man that stuck me earlier, but Lucifer did not follow like I expected.

"I see you're up." He remarked, and I bit my tongue before a snarky comment could come out.

"Why did I need to be kept in here?" I asked instead of the snappy insult.

"Well, under the circumstances-"

"What circumstances?!" He looked uneasy, and anxiously played with a bottle in his hands.

"I am deeply sorry Madame, but it is not my place to share, that lies with the Prince." He poured the liquid into a smaller cup. Then he handed it to me.

"Drink up." When I hesitated he sighed.

"Madame, I assure you it is to keep you healthy and functioning properly with the... you know."

"Yeah, the circumstances. And it's Cassandra, not Madame." I crossed my arms across my chest after taking the medicine shot, which I've never needed as a werewolf.

"You see Madame, if I do not greet you formally I'm afraid the Prince will be very angry. It's for my safety as you will." You would think this was the nineteenth century or something.

"Yeah, I get it." I sighed. "can I return to my own room now?" I asked.

"I will check with the Prince." He announced and scurried off. When the door closed I scrambled off the cheap doctor bed and went through the cabinets to hopefully find something useful. But nothing came up. I sat back down and pretended I never got up, right when the door opened again and Lucifer entered.

"I heard you want out of this stuffy room." He announced and chuckled.

"Yeah, what's funny about it?" I huffed, glaring. The doctor looked uneasy as always in the corner of the room, obviously by me testifying his 'Prince'.

"I cannot return you to be alone and unwatched in your room. You will stay here."

"But this room is so small and I'm claustrophobic and this bed is uncomfortable and everything is too bright, and I want some actual clothes and not this nightgown you changed me in and I want my head ache to go away and-"

"Enough!" I jumped at his tone. "What I say goes and you do not question or testify my answer! You will either stay here for the next week or you will stay in my room. The choice is yours, nothing less, nothing more." If I stayed in this small room I would slowly go insane. But I didn't want him near me.

"Why can't I stay in my own room?" I asked bravely, and Lucifer's eyes changed from a bright blue to a crimson blood color.

"You are to not be alone under the circumstances. My room or this one."

"Your room." I finally sighed, and his eyes shifted to a lighter red.

"Alright," he turned to the doctor. "Bring the medication to the bathroom while I carry her to our room. And do not spill it anywhere, it was extremely pricey." Lucifer turned back to me. "I will carry you because you are to not walk for another 24 hours."

"No, I'm perfectly fine. I don't know what you did to me, but whatever it is I'm sure i can walk by myself. And I definitely do not want you touching me." His eyes shifted darker again. Great, I pissed him off.

Without speaking he just clenched his jaw and picked me up, I squirmed and tried to get out of his arms, but his grip only tightened. My mark on my neck burned, and I gritted my teeth. His hands were not welcomed on me. I was already claimed, even though I wasn't fully mated yet. Even though the mating process wasn't complete with Chase I was still his claim, even if I despised being called his.

Lucifer carried me all the way to his room, despite my protests, and he placed me down on his huge bed. I gave him a glare which he chose to ignore, and he just sat over at his desk. The doctor came out of the bathroom/closet, and that was when the nausea hit me. I gagged, and the doctor immediately grabbed the closet trash can, which I vomited in. When I was finished the doctor dabbed my mouth with a wet towel, and he pressed that onto my forehead.

"It's starting. The results are positive, then." Lucifer came over, and I glared at him again.

"What results?!" I pressed, and he gave a cautious glance to the doctor.

"Cassandra-"

"No, don't procrastinate the news to me, and don't make an excuse not to tell me."

"It's just that you will be unhappy with what we did."

"Please, Lucifer." I gave him a hopeful look, hoping he would buy it.

"You're pregnant."

•••